Need Help With a Word...*explicit*

Juliette Dupree

Registered
Reaction score
I'm searching for the right word to use in my story. It's a vanilla erotica, meant to appeal to men and women. There's a scene where the woman is doing a little strip-tease, and just removed her skirt. So as I describe the scene, he looks down, and I want to say something along the lines of this:

"Adam's mouth fell slack. Beneath the garter belt, Erica wore no underwear at all. He swallowed. Even better, her _____ was smooth and clean...she'd gotten a bikini wax! It was the first time she'd done that in years, and his cock swelled, chafing against his zipper."

So I'm looking for a word there. I don't think pussy is appropriate, is it? Would a guy use that word for the outside area? Even if "pussy" were appropriate, I'd prefer not to use there, as it's going to get used a few times in the next few pages.

I also don't want to choose too vulgar of a word, because this is plain vanilla erotica meant to appeal to women too. Plus the couple is actually very conservative--this is their first taste of doing something wild. If it were a historical, I'd probably use the word "mound", but that sounds silly to me in modern context. Not that it sounds great in historical context, lol.

AAAACK! Need help!

And to be honest, I'm not really crazy about the "smooth and clean" part either. I'd love to hear some alternatives. Geez, that whole passage is sounding so clunky to me.

Thanks!

p.s. Do they remove all the hair when they do a bikini wax? Or am I thinking of a Brazilian Bikini wax?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think of "bikini wax" as more the bikini line, and "Brazilian wax" as the whole thing. And then there are the partial ones, like landing strip. But if this is not something they know much about, he might well call it a bikini wax anyway instead of knowing the more specific terms.

Of course it's up to you, but especially when this is in the guy's mind, and he's using the word "cock," well to me "pussy" is on the same level.

Or since you say she'd gotten a "bikini wax" in the same sentence, I think it would be clear what you mean if you just said "she was smooth and clean..."

Last edited:

Juliette Dupree

Registered
Reaction score
Mmm...I don't know about "pubic area". I'm going for a sexy description. I could just say she had a Brazilian wax, but I kind of wanted to describe it. This is the one real opportunity I have for him to really look her up and down, take in her appearance and how it's making him feel, before I dive into the action. I hate to skip over it, but I might have to.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You could skirt the problem with a phrase like where his wife/ex/other girlfriends sported a fine fuzz, her skin was completely smooth, as if no hair had ever grown there. He could see every detail., like that.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Juliette Dupree

Registered
Reaction score
Ooo! I just figured out a slick way around it:

[FONT=&quot]"Adam’s mouth fell slack--she wore no panties. The little triangle of flesh below the garter was smooth and clean. She got a Brazilian bikini wax! His cock swelled, chafing against his zipper.[/FONT]"

How is that?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That should do just fine.

Maryn, high-fiving

dangerousbill

Retired Illuminatus
Registered
Reaction score
"Adam's mouth fell slack. Beneath the garter belt, Erica wore no underwear at all. He swallowed. Even better, her _____ was smooth and clean...she'd gotten a bikini wax! It was the first time she'd done that in years, and his cock swelled, chafing against his zipper."

So I'm looking for a word there. I don't think pussy is appropriate, is it?

There's no shortage of words. Choose according to the genre and mood you want to create, as you suggest. Check urbandictionary.com and see.

mound, mound of Venus, or mons - the most anatomically accurate word on the list - a tad technical, but I see it frequently

pussy - okay, but implies the presence of hair

cunt - a word I hate, but a surprising number of woman seem to be okay with it

sex - now considered too prissy to live

fanny - in England

twat - crude

labia - clinical, but specific enough to be useful

vajayjay - next time I hear this word, I'm going to kick someone to death

Still more words (many more words):
http://www.asstr.org/~poisoniv1/pussy.html

Nephthis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sugarbeats.net
A Brazilian wax is when they wax EVERYTHING. From the mounds of venus to the shiny little rosebud in the back. Fresh like a newborn babe (don't ever use that term when writing erotica, please).

Like mentioned, I would just say:
"Adam's mouth fell slack. Beneath the garter belt, Erica wore no underwear at all. He swallowed. Even better, she had gotten a Brazilian wax. It was the first time she'd done that in years. It was so fresh and clean, he could only imagine how soft and luscious it would be. With just the thought of it his cock swelled, chafing against his zipper."

TheBladeRoden

Can finally change his title
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebladeroden.com
Her downstairs, her love mound, where the rubber meets the road, her garden of earthly delights, where the carpet used to be, her crossroads, her martini glass, her bermuda triangle

VeryVerity

I like bewbs.
Registered
Reaction score
where the carpet used to be,

:ROFL:

Hi Juliette, nice to meet you. I'm late to this party but yes, I'd arrange the words so you don't need to say pussy, mound, etc.

Where I go, a Brazilian leaves a little patch (like the bottom section of a landing strip) and, no, she doesn't wax the 'rosebud.' It's bad enough her waxing the rude bits - were it the other way round, I'm not sure anyone could pay me enough to wax someone's bumhole!

It hurts lots and if your leading lady is quite conservative, her first bikini wax might not be a Brazilian. However, if she was in a 'what the hell, if I'm going to do this, I may as well go all the way' mood, then I don't see why she wouldn't. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
George Carlin beat us to it. I don't have the list on this computer, but he's got hundreds, maybe even in the low thousands. Make that "he had." I'm sure you can find it fast in a search, if you want.

Maryn, Carlin fan

dangerousbill

Retired Illuminatus
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he was great with wordplay, although it was just a small part of his act. In his later years, he was bitter about a lot of things, but he still loved his words. (Same with Gallagher, who once had lots of fun with strings of words which ought to rhyme but don't. Saw him last year, and he's angry and bitter, too. Remind me not to become a stand-up comedian.)

Maryn, not angry or bitter, most of the time anyway

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
On a side note, make sure you don't say anything along the lines of 'she'd just gotten it done today for him, or just got back from the waxers etc'. It usually takes a few days for things to smooth out down there. After all, your ripping all the hair out by the root. Leaves some redness.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did you ever see The 40-Year-Old Virgin? The scene in which he gets his chest waxed is for real, from the bleeding to his scream, which was not scripted but which he couldn't help doing. I no longer remember where I read that, or if it was in special features or what, but no way I'm subjecting my sensitive parts to that.

Maryn, not ordinarily a screamer

Bereheath

Banned
Reaction score
A bit here, a bit there, though in Europe
Hi,

I'd avoid using terms at all, especially if the goal is writing sexy, arousing stuff.

Nothing pushes me out of a sex scene's headspace faster than usage of "pussy" or any of the other twee or jocular terms. Sounds either childish, puritan or very very avuncular in my ears, and if I am not laughing, I am shaking my head. I'm not enjoying though.

Unfortunately the English language is devoid of nice neutral terms for the female genitals (that's not that much better for the male ones though).

What I can live with if used properly and sparingly are mound, slit and hole. In some situations the more clinical terms like genitals, sex, labia, vulva and vagina work. And if the sexual partners are not very classy or it is written from the (not so nice or uneducated) male perspective cunt will do as well.

Anything else I avoid like the pest and as said also find ridiculing the scene or making it patently unarousing. Pussy certainly is among the worst triggers there. I don't think I have written it in any descriptive sense ever, and when a character said it, it painted him together with the rest as sort of slimy-avuncular.

Oh and the definitive worst is purple prose for genitals - any sort ;-)