I received a response of wanting more info - question though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseykat

Self-Proclaimed Art Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinekb.com
"Thank you for your submission query. I would like to see more material. Please see the submission
guideliness our website."

Now, when I went to he website, it said the usual - query, synopsis, three sample chapters.

However, she has already seen my query. Should I add to it that this is the information that SHE requested? How and where would I plug that in?

Maybe at the bottom? "Thank you for taking time to further persue my submission" - something along those lines?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would suggest a short letter addressed specifically to her, referencing her letter and attaching the synopsis and sample chapters. It can't hurt to remind the editor of the exchange, but briefly.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I agree with veinglory. I would send a cover letter, addressed specifically to that person along with the documents. Now, I would probably enclose a copy of the original query, as a reminder. Once the query was responded to, it's quite likely that your first letter went straight to the trash. The ball was returned to your court, so I doubt s/he would keep a copy to pair up with your reply. Some people NEVER reply, strange as it sounds, and they would stack to the ceiling if the agent/editor kept every single one on the off-chance that the author sent the materials immediately.

jerseykat

Self-Proclaimed Art Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinekb.com
I wrote a brief cover letter, included the copy of the query, and everything else they wanted.

I'm sending it out in the AM and then praying the agent offers me a contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.