Does anyone remember...

BryanTann

BA Barracus Jr.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryantann.blogspot.com
The movie "Summer Camp Nightmare" based on the book "Butterfly Revolution"?

It stars Charles Stratton (who was in Munchies) as Franklin Reilly, Harold Pruitt (who played Soda Pop Curtis in the late 80s/early 90s tv continuation of The Outsiders) as Chris Wayne. As well as the late, great Chuck Conners as Mr. Warren.

Great flick that personifies the greatness of the 80s.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dimly, yes. I didn't see it in the 80s myself, but one of our kids (born in the 80s) has quite the infatuation with 80s movies made for teen audiences. (Wise choice--lots of gems.) I'm pretty sure we watched this one, although I just barely remember it.

Do I want to see it again?

Maryn, sure you must know what I want

BryanTann

BA Barracus Jr.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryantann.blogspot.com
Oh yeah you definately want to see it.

The basic premise of the movie is a groupd of Junior Counselors, led by the charasmatic Franklin Reily, take over the summer camp North Pines for boys and Camp South Pines for girls. It started out as a game, until things got very, very real.

The music is low budget, to see the fashion of the time is like you just opened a time capsul, but it is still in terms of quality way better than anything that has come out in YEARS.

Thing that sucks is, the VHS is basically out of print. I got lucky and found it on Amazon. Now, I have to find it in my basement.