Some Thoughts About Posting in the Blogging Forum

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Welcome to the new Blogging forum. The general rules of AW apply, which mostly boil down to "respect your fellow author (blogger)". Jenna's first welcome post sets down the other rules to follow.

The only thing I want to add is please link to anything you mention from someone's blog and only paste snippits if necessary. I'm sure the bloggers will appreciate the traffic and the telling their story in context.

If you share the URL to your blog on this board, please expect other bloggers to blogroll it. If you don't want to be blogrolled you should say so. If you are concerned about linking to another blog, PM the owner, they might not get back to a thread if you post your question there.

I encourage you to visit your AW colleages blogs and comment there, as well.

Start threads! This is your forum.

I look forward to a lively discussion here, thanks for coming by.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, since the transition to the new host meant we lost a few posts, please check to see if yours is gone and repost, please? I know there were some links I hadn't captured in time for my blogroll. Thanks!

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Dawno, I'm relatively new to blogging, and I have no idea what it means to "blogroll". Care to elaborate for me and the rest of the blog newbies lurking around?

Thank you!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure! Thanks for asking about it.

It's the list of blogs that is like a 'roll call' sheet down the right side of my blog. Wikipedia has a nice definition, but there's a discussion about deleting it because it's already in a list of blogging terms. I've logged in and supported keeping the page. I like being able to just Google something and up pops a nice Wikipedia definition :)

Hope that helped.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just had another thought - if you post your blog here and it might contain adult material please let the readers know - you can use 'movie ratings' or NSFW (not suitable for work) whatever fits - but do be considerate that someone might open your blog at work or from a shared home computer...thanks!

obitwriter

Hey Dawno,
I'm really enjoying this forum. Anyway you can break us out on our own instead of tucked under the category "all the rest". I don't think anyone could argue blogging couldn't stand on it's own. Just a thought.

Flood

Dawno said:
The decision was made by the board owner, Jenna Glatzer to put it here, but I'll pass along the suggestion :) (I surely don't object!)

Wow, I just read one of Jenna's books on Thursday and plugged it on my blog. I had no idea she owned the board! Serendipity.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Well, bless yer heart, Flood. THANKS! :Hug2: Now I have to go clicking around and see if you've posted your blog link.

Obitwriter, thanks for bringing this up. It was something I was thinking about, too-- Dawno's done a kick-butt job of making this topic too active to be in the "And the Rest" section, so I went ahead and main paged it.

(P.S. Yes, I do like making up my own verbs, TYVM.)

Flood

Hello Jenna,

I am very slow on the uptake, and should have realized sooner who you were and your position the forum. And I certainly should have put two and two together when I picked up your book, which was as funny as it was helpful - thank you. I only figured it out, because I had typed your name in a blog entry, so I was reminded when Dawno referred to you. The timing was really weird.

I am glad to see this section getting a better view and thanks to Dawno, who is always quick with a warm welcome.