• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta swap for YA Urban Fantasy, 87,000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllieS08

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm looking for a beta swap for my YA urban fantasy, TELL ME THIS. I'm hoping my beta will check for plot holes, characterization, and comment on any line-by-lines if needed (which they might). Pretty much we'll just make sure each other's manuscripts are nice and clean by the time we submit! I've gone through and edited mine several times, but I'm sure there's plenty I've missed. I'm really hoping for my swap to write in YA urban fantasy, paranormal, or even light sci fi. Just so we're in similar genres. I've posted my query below (it only deals with the beginning of the manuscript, and it still might need work), so let me know if you're interested by a PM or comment below, and we'll try each other out from there!

-Allie

Seventeen-year-old Sophie Rowan never considered there was a connection between the trespasser at the wildlife preserve where she works and the mysterious arrival of Hugh Kedoa in her town. All she knows is that if Hugh keeps giving her those accusing looks—looks that make her think he’s seeing a lot more than her freckles—she’ll have to suck it up and ask him what she did wrong.

When Sophie finds Hugh injured in the preserve, she helps him and tries to forget about her questions. But Hugh wants her to ask questions. He claims he’s a Reddo, a human who possesses infinite knowledge and offers five answers to those who help him. Giving answers not only grows his other powers (like seeing a person’s character by making eye contact), but it’s the only way he can access the knowledge locked inside his head.

Sure, there are some “potential downsides” to Hugh’s offer, like forgetting what Hugh really is the moment Sophie asks her last question. And for some reason, Hugh refuses to tell her why he’s out in the preserve—and why no one seems to know where he lives. But Sophie thinks Hugh might trust her with his secrets if she takes the offer and asks questions.

Then again, his answers to all of the questions might not be so pleasant. And once you ask a Reddo a question, there’s no going back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.