PDA

View Full Version : I apologize for the other post!

emanny86
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I was originally scared that some people wouldn't get the humor but I didn't expect that it would completely offend everyone. I guess I was just trying to make some good out of my down time. It was in no way meant to be sexist but I do sincerely ask that every lady that reads it please forgive me. I would be more sensitive to others in later post. If only I could find out how to delete the bloody thing!

Gretad08
09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Awwww, now, that's a good apology :). Sometimes people who post something and get a bad reaction have little hissy fits. Nice mea culpa. Welcome to AW. Hope you learn a ton.

BunnyMaz
09-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Bless you, that IS a nice apology. Don't let it get you down; you learned a little about your audience here, and you'll do better next time.

Cyia
09-02-2011, 09:35 PM
You can't delete threads here, but if you'll PM a Mod with a link to the thread and the reason you want it deleted, they might do it for you.

quicklime
09-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I was originally scared that some people wouldn't get the humor but I didn't expect that it would completely offend everyone. I guess I was just trying to make some good out of my down time. It was in no way meant to be sexist but I do sincerely ask that every lady that reads it please forgive me. I would be more sensitive to others in later post. If only I could find out how to delete the bloody thing!

emanny,

apologies aren't easy; you did a good thing. and to be honest, i think you sort of got railroaded--gender stereotypes are a nasty double-edged sword (I doubt the same response would have come from a post about men scratching their asses, watching football, and thinking about sex, for example). In any case, welcome to the site, and good move on your part--hope things go better moving forward for you

*gets own flame suit out of storage

Bubastes
09-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Apology accepted. Welcome!

Mclesh
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey, emanny, I didn't read the original post, so naturally I had to find it and read it. (Don't you love that?)

Thanks for the apology. Good luck. And keep writing!

Stacia Kane
09-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't worry about it. :) You said something you shouldn't have, and people pointed it out, and now you've apologized, which was nice. But really, it's not that big a deal; people were offended, yeah, but not outrageously so, and it happens to almost everyone at one time or another. This is a big forum. It takes a while to get the hang of things and get to know the place (which, as an aside, is the reason we require 50 posts before you can post in Share Your Work, is so you have a chance to become familiar the forum and we get to know you a bit).

So really, don't beat yourself up over it. :)

Becca_H
09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, apology accepted, and don't worry :)

While it did offend some people, I doubt any of us would hold it against you personally. It was the post, not you. Everyone says stuff that occasionally goes down like a lead balloon. It's normal.

Toothpaste
09-03-2011, 02:02 AM
No worries! It's nice of you to apologise, but it's over and done. I apologise too, I was a bit sarcastic in response, and that was mean. Gender stereotyping is a particular pet peeve of mine. I think what also made it a bit worse is that the majority of agents are female, so in comparing agents to girls there's also an element of "women aren't good business people" which is still a falsehood women have to deal with even in these more enlightened times. Utterly unintended on your part I'm sure, clearly me reading into things too much. I overreacted. And I too am sorry.

Susan Littlefield
09-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Emanny,

Nice apology!

:welcome:

alleycat
09-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Don't worry about it. :) You said something you shouldn't have, and people pointed it out, and now you've apologized, which was nice. But really, it's not that big a deal; people were offended, yeah, but not outrageously so, and it happens to almost everyone at one time or another. This is a big forum. It takes a while to get the hang of things and get to know the place (which, as an aside, is the reason we require 50 posts before you can post in Share Your Work, is so you have a chance to become familiar the forum and we get to know you a bit).

So really, don't beat yourself up over it. :)

This.

Mharvey
09-03-2011, 09:24 AM
It's okay. I once made an off-color joke in the political forum. Yeah... let's just say we all make mistakes, and that's one I won't be repeating.

You'll find folks here are quite forgiving of almost anything.

mccardey
09-03-2011, 09:34 AM
If one more person posts in this thread, it will have more posts than your original thread - which will mean that you're officially absolved.

;)

escritora
09-03-2011, 09:35 AM
It's okay. I once made an off-color joke in the political forum. Yeah... let's just say we all make mistakes,

Oh, my goodness. I laughed so hard I snorted. I can only imagine.

heyjude
09-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Very nice of you to apologize, emanny. :) I think you'll find it's water under the bridge.