• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Swap 80k - About a man who can wake up as anyone he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLine

Owns a pen.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, here’s my pitch:

A man goes to bed one night to find out he can wake up as anyone he wants. He first uses this power to get revenge on a thief who stole his medication. Then he starts using it to give himself raises, sleep with girls, and general petty revenge. A young woman, a drifter, stumbles on to his secret, and she helps him steal money from drug dealers by forcing them to leave briefcases filled with their money lying around town.

The man goes through a crisis of consciousness, and just when he decides to never use his power selfishly again, he finds that he can no longer control it.

This is my first novel, and I’d like to publish it one way or the other. I’ve done one beta-swap already, and I’m looking to do another with someone who’s got a book done, or mostly done. I enjoy just about any genre, so long as the book is trying to do something new or different.

I’d like more detailed feedback on the critical first three chapters, but after that, maybe just a paragraph on each chapter.

Feel free to send me a message or post a response if you are interested.

Shawshank

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in swapping reads. Your story sounds like a fun ride. My book is Eternal Fall, my second novel. In it, Saruel, a fallen angel tells his side of the story from Creation to the present day. Let me know if you are interested.

SrGrvsaLot

Creature of the Night
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also interested in doing a swap. My book is ~80,000 words too. It's called Power Worth Having, and it's an anti-war fantasy satire. I'd mostly be interested in feedback about high-level concepts like theme, foreshadowing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.