Beer Bread

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
Here we go folks, the easiest bread you'll ever make!

3 cups flour
3 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 can beer (NOT low alcohol)

Combine, knead a bit and shape.

Now the original recipe I was given said to put in a loaf tin, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 200C for 50 mins. This was way too long for my oven, and I found 30 mins at 180c worked much better.

Makes excellent bread rolls, baguettes (I use for garlic bread) and I've make a great cheese and garlic twist with it too. Add anything you like.

Enjoy. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I might have to try that. Thanks.

Do you let it rest about kneading?

CBrothers

Registered
Reaction score
My recipe. Is only slightly different. I never use self-rising flour, but i keep some just for this:

3 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
12 oz can of beer (or soda)

i used to be a tastefully simple consultant, and they recommended to stir just until moistened, so I've never kneaded this bread.

also, if you go to. their website, you can find tons of recipe ideas to fancy up this basic mix

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Mmm. I love beer bread.

I just stir until moistened, no kneading necessary. It tastes yummy if you pour some melted butter on top (either before or after baking).

The Tastefully Simple mix is good, as is Trader Joes. But it's easy enough to make at home too.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Here we go folks, the easiest bread you'll ever make!

3 cups flour
3 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 can beer (NOT low alcohol)

Combine, knead a bit and shape.

Now the original recipe I was given said to put in a loaf tin, sprinkle with cheese and bake at 200C for 50 mins. This was way too long for my oven, and I found 30 mins at 180c worked much better.

Makes excellent bread rolls, baguettes (I use for garlic bread) and I've make a great cheese and garlic twist with it too. Add anything you like.

Enjoy. :)

For baguettes, do you just shape the same dough or do you change the quantities/add anything else? How long to you bake those, the same 180 for 30 mins? (My loaf pans--like almost everything else--are back in the States, so...)

My recipe. Is only slightly different. I never use self-rising flour, but i keep some just for this:

3 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
12 oz can of beer (or soda)

i used to be a tastefully simple consultant, and they recommended to stir just until moistened, so I've never kneaded this bread.

also, if you go to. their website, you can find tons of recipe ideas to fancy up this basic mix

Is your baking time/temp the same as the OP's? Do you use a loaf pan or something else?

Last edited:

CBrothers

Registered
Reaction score
Stacia, I'm mobile, so can't easily look up conversions, but I bake mine 50-55 mins at 350 F in a loaf pan.