Things I Hate About September...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ummmmm,
My electricity went out back in August, and I'm still in the dark!

shyne

At your service
Registered
Reaction score
September is a fine month, a damn fine month.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
September just may be the finest month of the year. The weather starts to turn (even though this year it seems like we didn't really have a summer). The air feels a little thicker. The peaches finally ripen. My kids go back to school and are actually happy about it. It only rains a little. It signals the end of the drunk and sunburned season in the ER. What's not to love?

You just need more grits and hot sauce, Verny.

ETA: And the chicken. The chicken is always fine.

Last edited:

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We welcomed September with our first threat of frost last night. Turned out it was an idle threat. September is a great month. The trees get pretty, the veggies are ready, and it's easier to stay indoors writing as there is less beckoning sunshine to ignore. And Mr. Suirattigas and I celebrate our anniversary.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
September is fabulous! I'm turning 30 in two weeks :( but other than that, I love it. Sweatshirt and jeans weather, bonfires, Halloween decorations at the stores. Yep, love it.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
The students are back, so if I have to go to town... there's no parking anywhere at all and I end up having drive around and around the throngs of young fit men in their t's and shorts...

Oh wait, maybe this isn't so bad.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It starts getting warmer and warmer in September. With Spring here, I've started getting hayfever like a sonofabitch.

On the plus side, today I saw the first woman in a bikini that I've seen in months. Gotta love living near a beach. :D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Fall allergies and cooler weather.

Truth be told, it's perfect right now - still hot during the day but little humidity, cool in the mornings and evenings. It's been gorgeous.

I just hate, hate, HATE knowing that summer is over.

Also, sometimes I don't like the fact that the little one is back in school. We have to be more diligent with bedtimes and get back into the routine of school and homework, and though she's a smart little cookie, she's not too keen on school.

valeriev89

Newbie and proud of it!
Registered
Reaction score
Summer is over, but my birthday is in September so that cancels out the hatred :D

childoflight

Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Between the sneaky bookshelves of Barnes & Noble.
I do love September, but I wish it would cool down faster -- which sounds weird, but really isn't when you take into consideration that I'm doing cross country. Running six (more or less, depending on the day) miles at three in the afternoon on a hot September day is... interesting. :D I also don't like how it starts getting dark early.

On the upside, fall clothes are the BEST!

Lavern -- sorry about your electricity !! :( I hope and pray that it will return SOON.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Being in the southern hemisphere, September is springtime. It's lovely. The weather is warming up, blossums are appearing everywhere and my spring bulbs are pushing up. The only thing I don't like about September is that the giant camphor tree in my front garden drops its leaves. And boy, are there a lot of leaves! Got to rake them up every second day or the grass won't grow. Ugh.

Other than that, it's super.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This just in...

My electricity was finally restored about 3 hours ago after being out since Hurricane Irene struck last Saturday.

Just got done with a thorough cleaning of the refrigerator/freezer and I did a couple loads of laundry.

I'm tired, but I'm so glad to have my A/C back! ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hurray! Good for you, Lavern! :D

The only thing I hate about September is extremely un-PC, so I'll restrain my Aspie urges and leave it like that.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Things I hate...days keep getting shorter. The wasps get nastier knowing their days are about to be numbered soon.

Things I love...kids go back to school=less vacation travelers=work finally slows down a bit.

I also like that the humidity is less (except these first three days have been hot and humid), temps cooler, the late summer flowers are in full bloom, and the fall bloomers are readying themselves for blooming. I also get back into the mood to write again, since I am burnt out from gardening all summer. Wish I can get myself back into the mood to draw again. I'm a better artist than a writer (though I am improving...I think?).