Barnes and Noble in Baton Rouge ordered Copies of SoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to post this tomorrow, but what the heck, I couldn't hold back.
I was in there this afternoon and spoke again with Crystal Crochet, the Community Relations Manager. She and I have become well acquainted, I believe. Anyway she ORDERED the book. Several copies. Oooohhhhhhhhhh that felt so good and she ordered them right there in front of me. I tried again to get a signing or appearance, but she's booked up through the holidays. However, she plans to set up the books in the Katrina related section, which she says will last till the end of the month, then she's going to move copies of it to the local section as well as display others on the shelves where they are indexed.

Here's the biggie! She gave me a contact at the Advocate. (A major newspaper in this area) I told her that I've been waiting on a response, and nothing.
She says she knows him and he's often in the store. He's determines the media on any new releases in the area. He's the head huncho. Anyway, I sent (emailed) him a professional letter, basically introducing myself, and offered to send a press kit and a copy of the book for review.

She's going to help out with this. SHE LOVES THE BOOK. I think I've mentioned that before somewhere in another post. But anyway, I'm crossing fingers and toes on this in hopes of him getting back to me tomorrow.
That's it!

Oops P.S. I'm going to go knocking on the doors of other Barnes and Noble's in surrounding parishes, now that we've got our foot in the door.

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Terrific, Vanessa!

I can't imagine them not wanting to get involved. When I think of how much your whole state must be affected by the hurricanes this year, why would they not want to help?

Ken - I'm glad you're able to go to work.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
smile.gif
Barnes and Noble is huge here, so to get them to bite was a biggie. But I got 'em. The struggle here is that there's sooooooooo much Katrina related stuff here. It's everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.