PDA

View Full Version : What's your cat(s) doing right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3

writerterri
08-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Mine (Blue) is sitting in front of my girl's bedroom door staring at the door knob waiting for my youngest (aka his girlfriend) to open it. She's at school. I told him several times but he won't listen to me. If I let him in he'll just hump the Pillow Pets. Not a pretty sight.

VP_Benni
08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
My cats are hiding from my pet rat. :tongue They're not the bravest pets...

~Amber~

regdog
08-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Sleeping

ChaosTitan
08-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Anya Kitteh is on the floor next to my office chair, sleeping in a patch of sunlight.

bektamun
09-01-2011, 06:20 AM
My poor ol' geriatric cat is doing what she always does...sleeping on her favourite couch, periodically waking up to meow at me and let me know she is still there :)

Tepelus
09-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Sleeping.

alleycat
09-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Sleeping . . . somewhere.

KellyAssauer
09-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Same exact thing it did yesterday, and the day before that, and the month before that and... and... my cat's been dead for over a decade.

Susan Littlefield
09-01-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm so glad to see a what's your cat(s) doing? thread.

Buddy is sitting in his favorite chair, a wicker back against the wall, dozing. Sometimes he allows Oliver to sleep in his chair, but not tonight.

Oliver is sitting next to me on the sofa, sleeping. He was watching a movie with me, but wasn't really into it.

I'm so happy to have my cats.

Soccer Mom
09-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Boots is tormenting my son's 4-H chicks. He can't get to them but he watches them through the clear sides of their pen. It's kitty TV.

Sara is stalking my feet. Any minute now she will come in for the kill.

Why yes, they are still kittens. How could you tell?

amergina
09-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Jon is laying on the couch, looking pathetic since I booted him off my lap.

Michael is mowing and generally carrying on because I gave him medicine (the horror!).

Jessianodel
09-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Izzy and Sparky are probably sleeping in the rafters of my basement. Unfortunately it's where we have to keep the food so the dogs won't eat it, but they prefer to be safe from the hounds anyway. There are just so many openings outside they can easily slip out which freaks me out.

MacAllister
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Ten kitteh is laying on the back of the chair, right behind my head, pretending she's not about to make a kamikaze grab for my earbuds.

Cliff Face
09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't know what my cat is doing right now (I can't see him directly) but in the last hour or so he:

Meowed at me when I got home.

Jumped up on the breakfast bar, where he's not supposed to be. Basically, the breakfast bar goes in an L shape. His food is on the lower, thicker part, and then the longer part of the L has a raised part above the sinks and microwave. Lately he's been going up on the long part, which he's never done before. He almost knocked over a glass ornament thing the other day. Silly kitty...

Sitting on the edge of the vanity area in the bathroom, with the tap running, waiting for someone to come into the bathroom to watch him drink water, or else he won't drink it. And he won't drink water that's in a bowl. It has to come from a tap. *sigh*

:)

lastlittlebird
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Tristan is hiding because he just made a grab for the fingers that were dangling off my armrest and I jumped and spilled my coffee.
He lives with my mother at the moment and he gets a little over excited when I'm around... :D

alleycat
09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
My cat is helping me do laundry.

Every time I go to the utility room she comes with me. The fact that her food bowl is in the utility room as well is pure coincidence.

thethinker42
09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Tubby is sleeping on my husband in the living room. Midget is being a paperweight on my desk.

Snitchcat
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Shadow's pretending he's part of the shoe cupboard.

Iris is the kitty ornament atop the bureau.

Spiral
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Dexter, my old guy, is sulking somewhere in the basement. He had all sorts of mats in his fur, so we shaved part of his back to make sure there was nothing under there...now I think he's embarrassed.

Hannah got out last night and is somewhere exploring the great wide yonder. I expect to find a present from her when she decides to come back. I just hope it's not a chipmunk this time :(

aadams73
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
She's holed up somewhere, plotting our demise...

kayleamay
09-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm allergic to this thread.

shyne
09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
He's wearing a smoking jacket and requested that I bring him his slippers. He doesn't walk on all fours, so is just the one pair.

BunnyMaz
09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Looshkin is currently wedged between the other half's thigh and the arm of the chair, purring and drooling like a tart. He's a total attention-whore.

Splodge, on the other hand, is hiding. Every once in a while I'll hear a "prrrt", followed by a rumbling of disconcertingly loud, tiny feet and the distinctive crash of whatever she's fallen into. By night she's generally after moths, but by day chances are she found a marble, or some string, or something else and has suddenly reverted back to kittenhood.

writerterri
09-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Love this thread. Made me laugh.

Right now Blue is hiding because I want to clip his nails and brush his teeth.

He thinks I'm a bully.

DeleyanLee
09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Tassi's in her second favorite spot--across my calves as I sit in the recliner. Her favorite spot is my lap, but the computer's there. Once I set it aside, she'll resettle and the purring will get louder.

Housemate's cat, Telly, has absconded with my dog's bed yet again and is refusing to relinquish it though he's "threatening" her with a cow toe. The dog bed is the bestest place in the world to chew cow toes, after all.

AllieKat
09-01-2011, 10:42 PM
One of them (the fattest) is stretched out on the carpet, cleaning herself, looking very large and huggable. The others are hiding or sleeping on my bed.

Medievalist
09-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I have just chastised her for sharpening her claws on the rug; she knows not to do this, and she has a scratching post.

As usual, she stops scratching, and rolls over, looking adorable and kittenish, exposing her belly as if to say "pat my belly, please?"

Of course if you try to pat her belly, she grabs you, claws out, and tries to rabbit punch your hand and arm.

Zelenka
09-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Sitting on the parquet staring at the pile of cardboard boxes, ones waiting to go down to the recycling bins. He's grown far too attached to the box off the bookcase.

DeaK
09-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Pouncer is sitting on a Janet Evanovich book, leaning back, licking her private areas...

Smudgy is trying (again, and forever) to eat my notes. When I shoo her away, she insists on taking the across-the-keyboard route.

shyne
09-01-2011, 11:52 PM
He just asked me if I wanted to watch the "Snapped" marathon this weekend.

alleycat
09-02-2011, 01:29 AM
My cat got up from taking a nap in the bedroom to take a nap on the sofa. I guess there's no rest for the sleepy.

Soccer Mom
09-02-2011, 01:31 AM
This thread makes me want to go home and see my kitties

DeleyanLee
09-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Now Tassi is curled up on the back of the couch, sleeping. Telly is stretched out on the stairs going up so when Housemate finally comes down, she can't help but step on the cat and create much fuss and bother.

Gotta love cats.

BunnyMaz
09-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Ah. I wondered what Splodge was doing for a moment. Then I heard the SKNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT sound coming from the computer.

It has a large upright fan in the front of it. For some reason she finds it fascinating and will happily spend an hour repeatedly sticking her paw in it.

Looshkin had to get off his daddy-bed since the other half couldn't just sit still for 8 hours straight, so now he's gone to sulk under the bed.

amergina
09-02-2011, 02:37 AM
The chipmunks in my back yard are having a field day with the abundant acorns the oak is shedding.

So... Jon is in the old sun room, staring out the screen door. Michael is in the new sun room... staring out the screen door. Before I came home and opened up the old sun room, they were both in the new sun room--staring out the screen door.

Susan Littlefield
09-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Buddy just opened the hall closet door and is looking for a way to get in an hide for awhile. Uh, he's found a big paper bag. Uh oh, unsatisfied, he's left the closet...

Oliver is sitting on the sofa next to me and minding his own business.

bettielee
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
After torturing the poor fish and getting tired of being yelled at, Cricket is now stretched out on my chair. I'm wondering if it's worth my life to try and take it back.

BenPanced
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Probably waiting for me to go to bed so he can sit in my bedroom window for a while and watch the other side of the world go by.

Bubastes
09-02-2011, 06:28 PM
My older cat is snoozing by the window catching some rays. My younger, aggressively affectionate cat is in my lap purring.

regdog
09-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Mama is sleeping on a box on the back porch. Pest is sleeping on the laundry

writerterri
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Blue is on his next rounds of naps until the kids get home from school. He finally made his appearance yesterday when his girlfriend came home from school. He crawled right up in her neck and wrapped his arm around her hugging her tight.

And I'm the one who feeds him.

:Shrug:

BunnyMaz
09-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Blue is on his next rounds of naps until the kids get home from school. He finally made his appearance yesterday when his girlfriend came home from school. He crawled right up in her neck and wrapped his arm around her hugging her tight.

And I'm the one who feeds him.

:Shrug:

Awwww, that is an adorable image.

Chest/neck cuddles are the best. Mine like the shelf/pillow my boobs make. Although Loosh' makes an annoying habit of pressing his back feet against my throat when he does it. ¬_¬

amergina
09-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Jon crawled into my arms and is trying desperately to nap on my while I write. He is the snuggle bug of the pair.

Meanwhile, the chipmunks are walking around over my head. (I'm in a sun room with a glass roof. It's currently littered with acorns.) Jon is obviously not the mighty hunter.

writerterri
09-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Awwww, that is an adorable image.

Chest/neck cuddles are the best. Mine like the shelf/pillow my boobs make. Although Loosh' makes an annoying habit of pressing his back feet against my throat when he does it. ¬_¬

He is something else. He follows her around the house too. If she's in bed with me he's there too. He sleeps on her pillow. He waits for her to get home from school by the front door. And if she spends the night out he'll wait for her by the door until he figures out she's not coming home. I have to take and post some pictures of his neck snuggles. It's so funny. But the part we don't like is that he has dominated her and bites her once in a while when he's mad at her. Not a hard bite but hard enough to leave red marks. Booger.

shyne
09-02-2011, 11:44 PM
He just got back from Five Guys. He's been hitting the gym pretty heavy this week so his body shouldn't take a major hit.

bettielee
09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I managed to get my chair back last night. Now she's licking something off her paw, probably because she stuck it in fish water. She wants to see if the stew is right or not yet. She's sitting on her cat condo, looking out the window like an old lady watching the neighborhood. She does this most of the day. I think it's because she's in cahoots with one of the cats across the courtyard.

I wonder how long I have to live.

writerterri
09-03-2011, 01:43 AM
He just got back from Five Guys. He's been hitting the gym pretty heavy this week so his body shouldn't take a major hit.

Wait, what?

alleycat
09-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Mine has just been fed Bumblebee tuna.

Happy cat.

Anne Lyle
09-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Curled up between my knees (I'm lying sprawled on the bed) :)

Cliff Face
09-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Mine waited until I woke up before he went to his food bowl. He doesn't always do it, but he prefers to eat when someone is watching him and, preferably, stroking him.

Now he's probably outside my bedroom wondering when I'm next stepping into the kitchen.

Anne Lyle
09-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Update - she's now licking my foot. Aaargh!

Cliff Face
09-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Ugh, cat licks are so scratchy!

And you can guarantee that once they've got the taste of human flesh, the teeth will come out. ;)

Brutal Mustang
09-03-2011, 03:05 AM
My sister's kitten was just getting yelled at for chewing on my PS3 cable. Meanwhile, my Himalayan is upstairs being fluffy and beautiful, as usual.

alleycat
09-03-2011, 03:08 AM
My sister's kitten was just getting yelled at for chewing on my PS3 cable. Meanwhile, my Himalayan is upstairs being fluffy and beautiful, as usual.

I just posted a link to a Simon's Cat video in Office Party. Simon's cat was "helping" with the computer.

Brutal Mustang
09-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Oh, I love Simon's cat! I swear, my Himalayan does this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q&feature=channel_video_title) to me every morning.

amergina
09-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Michael is trying to become one with my chin. *spits cat hair out of mouth*

I love you little kitty, but my chin will not merge with you head, no matter how hard you try!

benbradley
09-03-2011, 10:08 AM
My cats are at the animal shelter, waiting for me to adopt them.

Cliff Face
09-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Better bring them some tuna when you go pick them up.

Show 'em who's boss right from the start! (Them of course. ;))

Cliff Face
09-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Oh, and my cat is being adventurous today. I was giving him a drink from the tap, and like I sometimes do I cupped my hand under the water. He loves drinking from people's hands.

Anyway, this morning he decided to put his paw on my hand while drinking. He's never done that before.

valeriev89
09-04-2011, 01:29 AM
I wish I had a cat :'(

Tepelus
09-04-2011, 06:50 AM
I turned on the light in my bedroom and look what I found! The nerve of some cats! lol!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z16/tepelus_album/FluffandWhitey9-3-11.jpg

Cliff Face
09-04-2011, 08:22 AM
We have a white cat like that. Except he's bigger around the middle, and has a longer tail.

Does yours shed hair all over the place all the time too? So annoying.

bettielee
09-04-2011, 09:00 AM
*reporting from under the bed in a low gravelly whisper*

She's acting weird! She's jumping from furniture to furniture and leaping on the back of my chair. I have a feeling she knows I've been reporting her actions. She's going from window to window as if she were rallying troops, or perhaps checking the placement of supplies. I'm trying to edit and having a tough time, and I just got bad news from my sister. I'm not sure if the cat is implicated in either of these two things, but if you don't hear from me in a little while.... send someone to check on me... and get my novels published posthumously. Surely I'm a good enough writer for that.... Surely.... people to buy stuff from dead people....

mscelina
09-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm surrounded. Biscuit to the left of me, Muggle to my right--here I am, stuck in the middle with Elf.

And Thor, the adolescent kitteh, is currently stuck halfway up the living room drapes and yelling for help. BRB

Cliff Face
09-04-2011, 09:12 AM
He was sitting at the back door keeping an eye on mum outside.

Poor kitty isn't allowed outside. There's this mean old Siamese across the street, and about 2 years ago, when we first moved here, the Siamese kicked my cat's butt. Now he has to have certain food or else he gets sick. :(

So he's not allowed outside. Even though he really wants to be outside.

Tepelus
09-04-2011, 03:42 PM
We have a white cat like that. Except he's bigger around the middle, and has a longer tail.

Does yours shed hair all over the place all the time too? So annoying.

Yes, she is very bad at shedding. The fluff sheds in clumps, she sheds with her hair flying all over the place. I'd rather she shed in clumps!

seeAlliwrite
09-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I wish I knew! We're in the UK for a year and our cat, Violet the blue Devon Rex, is staying at my mum and dad's house in Australia. She's doing a lot of sleeping on her electric blanket, as per usual, I hear...

thothguard51
09-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Right now, Skinny, the wild cat that adopted us and allows us to feed him, is sleeping on the driver seat of my golf cart. He has seen me driving it all over the property and around the neighborhood, but so far he has not asked for the keys.

Voodoo, our house cat, is watching him from the rec room window.

amergina
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Jon, like any good Burmese, is draped over my lap, purring his head off. He's been there for the last 1/2 hour. I swear, he's made of velcro some days....

Bubastes
09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
My younger cat knocked over my music stand. Again.

AbielleRose
09-04-2011, 08:03 PM
This is Remy and Mango's favorite sleeping spot... It's supposed to be my sock/PJ 'drawer' (when they don't knock them all onto the floor.)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267303_10150333462519669_500454668_9417863_6550288 _n.jpg

amergina
09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
D'awwww! They're adorable!

Cliff Face
09-05-2011, 02:54 AM
My younger cat knocked over my music stand. Again.

My cat is music-friendly. Sometimes when I'm playing guitar, he'll be on my bed right behind me. When I turn around, I could swear he's smiling at me...

Although he does like to rub his chin against the guitar stand.

Bubastes
09-05-2011, 03:11 AM
My cat is music-friendly. Sometimes when I'm playing guitar, he'll be on my bed right behind me. When I turn around, I could swear he's smiling at me...

I play drums. Even with the mesh heads (to cut down the noise), one cat hides and the other cat meows in protest when I practice. :(

bettielee
09-05-2011, 03:55 AM
This is Remy and Mango's favorite sleeping spot... It's supposed to be my sock/PJ 'drawer' (when they don't knock them all onto the floor.)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267303_10150333462519669_500454668_9417863_6550288 _n.jpg

PITTIES!

She's now exhausted from planning my demise and has taken over the chair again. I'm in my office chair, but I'm supposed to be editing today. So I guess she's doing me a favor.

Susan Littlefield
09-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Picture of cats are sooooo cute. I love my kitties!

And, what are they doing right now? Oliver is a slow eater, so he's in the office still munching away. He savors every bite of his food.

Buddy is a fast eater, so he's done. See, the first few months of his life when he lived with someone else, he had to charm the neighbors for food. By charming I mean he's lie on his back baring his tummy and look up at people with adoring eyes. Or, when they weren't looking, he would snatch their food really fast and run. Now that he's mine, he's inside only, but I won't say those "charming tactics" or "steal at run habits" have completely disappeared.

Cliff Face
09-05-2011, 06:09 AM
I play drums. Even with the mesh heads (to cut down the noise), one cat hides and the other cat meows in protest when I practice. :(

Yeah, when I first bought a drum kit, I had 2 dogs. I hated playing drums, because I was sure it would damage their hearing. It didn't help that the few times I did play, they both hid. Poor pups.

I still have a drum kit, but I won't be playing it until I get my own house, sans pets. The current cat and dog are both mum's.

AbielleRose
09-05-2011, 08:02 AM
D'awwww! They're adorable!

PITTIES!

She's now exhausted from planning my demise and has taken over the chair again. I'm in my office chair, but I'm supposed to be editing today. So I guess she's doing me a favor.

Thanks :) They're 5 months old and total terrorists. Please tell me they grow out of the kitten "I need to shread everything and eat rotting pizza out of the garbage." Phase soon. *headdesk*

Sadly, I'm not joking about the pizza. Mango got into the garbage and now I have chunks and bits of old pizza all over my carpet.

Susan Littlefield
09-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Please tell me they grow out of the kitten "I need to shread everything and eat rotting pizza out of the garbage." Phase soon. *headdesk* .

Well...sometimes. Not often.

When Oliver was a wee kitten, Buddy took to showing him the ropes. One day, I was in the office and heard a strange sound in the bathroom. Of course, I went to see what was going on.

There at the TP holder, Buddy was unrolling the toilet paper. Oliver was watching, and seconds later unrolled some toilet paper. This went on for a few, and all I could do was laugh. It was the funniest sight ever!

Once in awhile, they take to unrolling the TP....

AbielleRose
09-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Aww, the TP unrolling is kind of cute. :D Do you have pics somewhere in this thread?

(of the cats, not the TP :D)

Susan Littlefield
09-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Here you go, this is when Oliver was a kitten. Buddy is the white and gray, Oliver is the little orange buy. Wish you could see Oliver's crook tail. :D

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/Susanlittlefield/BudandOllie.jpg

Here's another one when Oliver is more of a grown up. I wish I could make these pictures just a bit bigger.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/Susanlittlefield/BuddyandOliver.jpg

bettielee
09-05-2011, 12:23 PM
shhhh! The beast... it sleeps!

AbielleRose
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Aw :) They're so sweet, Susan!

Careful, Bettie... don't wake it! A sleeping cat at this time of night is rare!

Rise2theTop
09-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Mary~Meowing her head off. Driving me nuts!
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6185/6115937854_2c31b4f7cf_m.jpg

Susan Littlefield
09-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Aw :) They're so sweet, Susan!

Careful, Bettie... don't wake it! A sleeping cat at this time of night is rare!

Thank you!

Susan Littlefield
09-06-2011, 07:48 AM
One of Buddy's antics is that he likes my coated hair bands. He holds one end in his teeth, stretches the band with one of his paws, lets go and sees how high it goes. As soon as it's in the air, Buddy is after it, tackling it, as if it's a bird. The goal used to be to get the hairband in the water bowl, so look at how far he's come?

MelisaWest
09-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Here's my cat Spooky doing what he does best. He's gonna be 16 this month :-)

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff513/undercoverwinos/IMG_20110818_1611172---1.jpg

bettielee
09-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah. The Cricket definitely knows I'm reporting her moves. She has scratched me ways from Sunday, up one side and down the other.

For my own safety, I'm going to continue to report her whereabouts and doings. So if I should disappear or be found in bloody chunks, you'll have somewhere to start looking.

She's currently under the covers of my bed. Laying in wait.

benbradley
09-06-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm tempted to post this every week and ask "Is this my cat?"
http://www.pickensprogressonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1216:pet-of-the-week-its-cats-galore&catid=71:pet-of-the-week&Itemid=121
Dunno why I'm thinking of James Bond ...

writerterri
09-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Blue is trolloping around the couch using his freshly sharpened nails for leverage to get from one cushion to another.

AbielleRose
09-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Blue is trolloping around the couch using his freshly sharpened nails for leverage to get from one cushion to another.

Does it ever drive you nuts? Mine are... 'hyper' right now and clawing everything. Remy even tried to take my stuffed jackalope hostage by pulling him underneath the love seat (when I pulled it out to get my jackalope I found a shrine of my underwear... 6 pairs in a little nest).

Maybe I'm just on the irritable side today... but they're driving me up a wall!

Adam
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
If I could find him, I'd tell you what Charlie was doing. Honest.

:D

BunnyMaz
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Looshkin is such a needy, naughty boy right now. Since I lost my job he seems to expect me and the other half to be around 24-7. The mister gets up before me (early riser) and Loosh' will wait in the bedroom, alternating between cuddling me and curling up on the laundry until I wake up, at which point he'll sproing excitedly to the computer room to cuddle up in the other half's chair, just close enough to me to reach over for strokes.

If we leave the house to go for a walk or go to the shops, when we get back he's staring out the window meowing constantly and pitifully until we get back in. If one of us goes out alone he starts hyperactively darting about the house meowing for them.

And then when I pop into the back garden to pick tomatoes he pries the door open and goes zooming off into the bushes, so I have to chase him down and carry him back in. Not that he fights me when I catch him, he just likes having a carry.

Duncable
09-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm at work, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say...

The baby, Winston, is playing tag with the fishies in one of our many fish tanks.

The middle-child (and intellectually challenged) Guerilla is sleeping in a window.

And the momma-cat, Lenny, is doing this, her favorite passtime in all the world:

One of Buddy's antics is that he likes my coated hair bands. He holds one end in his teeth, stretches the band with one of his paws, lets go and sees how high it goes. As soon as it's in the air, Buddy is after it, tackling it, as if it's a bird. The goal used to be to get the hairband in the water bowl, so look at how far he's come?

I was cleaning the living room yesterday, moved the couch to sweep, and found a cache of hairties. No wonder I buy a new pack a month...

Gawd, I love kittehs!! (and this thread, which is my new favorite :D)

Bubastes
09-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I cleaned under the stove this weekend and found six pens.

Duncable
09-07-2011, 12:01 AM

Although he does like to rub his chin against the guitar stand.

Winston loves it when I play guitar. He makes it a point to be in the room, most of the time staring at me lovingly, unless I'm playing something nap-worthy, in which case...he naps.

One of the others has been trying to get me to teach him to play guitar, too, because I can't pick it up without him jumping up and swatting at the headstock or my left hand.

And then, when I pull out the stand up bass, they all scatter!

Zelenka
09-07-2011, 01:06 AM
http://www.twitvid.com/AEEL1

This. We got new cushions and a throw for the sofa today and SnowB has barely been off it.

Cliff Face
09-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Winston loves it when I play guitar. He makes it a point to be in the room, most of the time staring at me lovingly, unless I'm playing something nap-worthy, in which case...he naps.

One of the others has been trying to get me to teach him to play guitar, too, because I can't pick it up without him jumping up and swatting at the headstock or my left hand.

And then, when I pull out the stand up bass, they all scatter!

My cat doesn't touch the guitar while I'm playing it, but he does seem to like the sound.

And yeah, a few times he's had naps while I was playing. :tongue

The dog is a little more wary of the guitar. She'll watch me intently while I'm playing, then when I take a break and there's no noise being produced, she'll inch closer to me sniffing. Then when I next strum, she'll back off again. I think 2 or 3 feet is the closest she'll come.

bettielee
09-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Came home from work. Found many many many things that had been on my desk when I left in the morning now on the floor.

Many of them were the fish's things.

I think she's jealous of her gilled and finned little brother.

Fish are friends! Not food!

Sandino
09-07-2011, 05:12 AM
My cat is 11 years old. In his mind, I'm clearly his subordinate. Case in point: right now he's waiting in the bathroom for me to turn the faucet on so he can drink.

Cliff Face
09-07-2011, 06:51 AM
My cat does that exact same thing!

AbielleRose
09-07-2011, 06:58 AM
The view from my pillow as I'm about to go to sleep:

http://c0013939.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_8138846

Susan Littlefield
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
The little fur angels are resting right now on the sofa next to me. I love them when they're angels. In fact, I love them all the time, no matter how bad they are. :D

amergina
09-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Michael is sitting on my legs (aww) chewing on his toes (eww).

I don't know where Jon wandered off to... he was banging around here, knocking an empty thread bobbin across the floor, earlier.

BunnyMaz
09-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I finished making a fighting worm, today.

A foot-long, tightly knit stuffed log filled with wool stuffing and catnip, just the right size, shape and stiffness to be cuddled, gnawed on, disembowelled and tossed about the room.

Splodge keeps picking it up by a corner, shaking it like cats do when trying to snap their prey's neck, and pouncing. Looshkin just grabs it, bearhugs it and kicks the sh*t out of it.

I think it is a success. :D

Duncable
09-08-2011, 06:49 AM

A foot-long, tightly knit stuffed log filled with wool stuffing and catnip, just the right size, shape and stiffness to be cuddled, gnawed on, disembowelled and tossed about the room.

Splodge keeps picking it up by a corner, shaking it like cats do when trying to snap their prey's neck, and pouncing. Looshkin just grabs it, bearhugs it and kicks the sh*t out of it.

I have a new project for my weekend. My cats all thank you!

Speaking of, Winston is currently mounting a campaign against Guerilla from his 'fort', which is actually my fiance's coiled up aquarium hose that is used so often it's almost never put away. I'm pretty sure Winston thinks he's invisible inside it...

And Lenny is, I'm sure, sleeping in some warm, quiet corner of the house where the little terror can't reach her. :) She is a smart kitty.

Zelenka
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
SnowB just opened the inner bathroom window and is sitting on the ledge between it and the outer window (there's about a foot of space). I don't know what he's watching. Maybe the trains that run behind our house?

alleycat
09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I just fed my cat. This is "tuna day" where she gets real tuna.

Happy cat.

BunnyMaz
09-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a new project for my weekend. My cats all thank you!

Speaking of, Winston is currently mounting a campaign against Guerilla from his 'fort', which is actually my fiance's coiled up aquarium hose that is used so often it's almost never put away. I'm pretty sure Winston thinks he's invisible inside it...

And Lenny is, I'm sure, sleeping in some warm, quiet corner of the house where the little terror can't reach her. :) She is a smart kitty.

I used chunky weight wool on small needles - around 3.25mm. The main thing is the needles be too small for the wool guage, so the fabric you knit up turns out stiff and thick. Of course, it stretches full of holes during stuffing, but it means what you're left with is still able to withstand a decent kicking.

Adam
09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Charlie spent a good portion of last night asleep on the arm of my chair while I wrote. He tends to be very aloof, so whenever he deigns to be close, we have to pretend not to notice, lest he legs it. ;)

Bubastes
09-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Hee, someone else who knits cat toys!! I'll have to make a worm now. I usually make oversized wontons (tightly knit a square, fold into a triangle and stuff, then close everything up and sew the corners together).

DragonHeart
09-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Connor's laying on the carpet a few feet away watching me eat lunch. No doubt hoping I'll drop some. :D But it's a stuffed pepper and not really something I can give him, though he does like the stuffing. I'll feed him before I have to leave again; can't stand seeing him sadface.

TheTinCat
09-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Eddie is asleep at my feet. He's aaaalways asleep at my feet...

amergina
09-08-2011, 07:40 PM
This morning, Jon came and curled up on my chest and Mike took the feet. Made getting out of bed tough.

And here's a photo of the boys. Jon is the cream-colored one. Michael is the upside-down chocolate-brown one.

http://pics.livejournal.com/amergina/pic/001ycp3e/s640x480

TheTinCat
09-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh, now he started up and ran for no reason. He's been doing that a lot lately. I think he's been having nightmares since his brother died...

writerterri
09-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Does it ever drive you nuts? Mine are... 'hyper' right now and clawing everything. Remy even tried to take my stuffed jackalope hostage by pulling him underneath the love seat (when I pulled it out to get my jackalope I found a shrine of my underwear... 6 pairs in a little nest).

Maybe I'm just on the irritable side today... but they're driving me up a wall!

Cats in pairs are trouble. Cute but trouble. Blue drives me nuts when he gets frisky and chases an imaginary fly. Then I know he's bored. When he uses the couch as a back board to fly through the air drives my husband bonkers.

Right now Blue is sleeping. A while ago I was making my grocery list and he sat in front of me staring me dead in the eyes until I made him a paper ball. He fetches. Yes, he plays fetch. But sometimes I'll throw the paper ball and he'll bat it around the kitchen for 5 minutes and come stare me down again expecting me to get his paper ball and throw it for him. I'm more stubborn than he is. And sometimes I'll just make another paper ball and throw it.

Fruitbat
09-08-2011, 09:44 PM
What an adorable thread! :e2cat:

zahra
09-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Nene is sitting on the arm of my sofa, miaowing at the ceiling in a really 'I'm not kidding, this is important' way. Trouble is, I can't see what the hell she's screaming at. I'm scared....

Don't know where Nini is. My guess is she's knocking over her water bowl so she can see the water run along the floor, her new game, or she's under the bed, asleep.

AllieKat
09-09-2011, 03:03 AM
My cat Shelley is on my lap, purring right now. She's sort of puffed up because it's chilly.

Tepelus
09-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Biggie is on my desk getting in the way. He'll probably knock something off in a minute or so, then sit on other things and chew on the corner of my desk.

Tepelus
09-09-2011, 04:06 AM
And there it was. The pencil sharpener is now on the floor.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Mine is curled up on my bed snoozing! =)

alleycat
09-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Mine is curled up on my bed snoozing! =)

So is mine. I hope she doesn't start snoring.

She's curled up so much you can barely see her head.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 04:28 AM
LAMO! My cat the other day was snuggled up on my tummy snoring her head off! She then started to move about and she woke me up! I was like Molly will you settle down! her reaction? Miowww - in a mom shut up tone lol!

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
My rotten Himalayan is making faces.

http://www.brutalsun.com/images/unicat29.jpg

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 04:33 AM
LMAO! That is priceless! So cute!!!!

Here is the link to Molly sleeping: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=111346802305369&set=a.111346515638731.13341.100002901507074&type=1&theater

alleycat
09-09-2011, 04:34 AM
My cat has awoken to get herself a pedicure. One of her claws is almost a half an inch long when she extends it. (I have the scratches to prove it.)

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Ouch! I'm covered in scratches too

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 04:50 AM
My cat has awoken to get herself a pedicure. One of her claws is almost a half an inch long when she extends it. (I have the scratches to prove it.)

ROTFL! Oh, I'm sorry about the scratches. You know what I do? I sit on a couch, or whatever, and flip them on their back (on my lap). It puts them in a semi-catatonic state. Then I spread a paw, and nip away. May not get all the nails in a sitting, if it's a particularly squirmy critter. But I've never failed to get the job done this way. My Himalayans have been the easiest to trim, because they're accustomed to daily, invasive grooming.

alleycat
09-09-2011, 04:55 AM
No, I meant my cat was biting at her claws with her teeth. She extends her claws and then sort of pulls at them (I guess to keep them nice and sharp for our next game of "Can you get me before I get you?".

I have to take my cat to the vet in a few day for her annual checkup and shots. I dread that every year. She absolutely hates to go into a carrier. I have to trick her and wrap her up in a big towel and then shove her in. Heaven help me if she gets her legs free. She will spread her front legs as far a they will go and then I can't get her in the carrier.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 04:58 AM
LOL Molly is very hard to catch to put into her carrier. She will literally play chase around the house till i can get her lol!

My cat does that to her claws too all the time! It's annoying cos i find them around the house when i walk and im like mmm whats that oh its her nail! Yeah thanks Molly!

alleycat
09-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Molly, you'll notice your name change has been made.

amergina
09-09-2011, 05:02 AM
No, I meant my cat was biting at her claws with her teeth. She extends her claws and then sort of pulls at them (I guess to keep them nice and sharp for our next game of "Can you get me before I get you?".

Yeah, mine do that. Drives me nuts... I hate the sound of it. So of course, they sit on me and nibble away.

I'm lucky mine only fuss a bit when I clip their claws. But they're both Burmese, so they pretty much turn into happy lumps when you hold them.

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 05:03 AM
My himmie is cool with trips--she knows they don't necessarily mean the vet. She has this nifty little bag, and once she's in it, she's pretty quiet. I take her to GameStop, to pick up people at the airport, and I've even taken her into Borders (before they closed down). My town is pretty lax about bringing animals into stores, so I can run a bunch of errands with her.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 05:04 AM
You know whats funny - from the looks of things most of us that have been chatting have Himmie's - My Molly is a cross with a Himmie =)

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Himmies are the best!

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 05:07 AM
So cute and fluffy =) Molly doesnt have the typical Himmie face though

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Here is a picture of my girls, Dax and Lali. Dax (in the foreground) passed away this spring, of kidney cancer. I'm not an emotional person, but my chest gets tight every damn time I look at her pictures.

http://www.brutalsun.com/images/laser_eyes.jpg

Here is a digital portrait I did of Dax. Took me about twelve weeping hours to complete. I have this framed in my living room.

http://www.brutalsun.com/images/final_portrait.jpg

Ah, shoot. I might as well share the sappy letter I wrote to her, which goes with this portrait:

Beloved Dax, my girl, my ‘Bubba’,

I was nineteen when I first held you. You were so tiny, you fit in the palm of my hand ... like a handful of cotton balls. Only softer. You were brought into the family to replace another kitty we dearly loved, which had died a sudden death. The expectations we had on you, it wasn’t fair to you. You looked a lot like the other kitty, but you simply weren’t her. Instead of being bold, and athletic, you were timid and fat—all our guests ever saw of you was a chunky white blur streaking up the stairs at the speed of light. You weren’t very cuddly, either. Instead of purring when we picked you up, you growled.

For years, we resented you for that.

Now, we realize each pet brings something different into our lives ... and that each pet is irreplaceable.

You had so many things that made you you.

The way you followed me around the house. In fact, I barely remember a time in the past twelve years when you were more than six feet away from me while I was at home. Nope, you weren’t a cuddler. But you rarely let more than those six feet come between us—sometimes you’d even quite eating, if you saw me leave the kitchen area, and follow me. If you lost track of where I was, you’d cry mournfully. I’d call. You’d come running. Even dogs don’t have that kind of loyalty. I can honestly say you’ve been by my side more hours than any living thing on Earth.

The way you carried small objects around the house, when no one was looking—I still can’t find half my sewing stuff because of you.

The way you rolled on the concrete patio. Especially when it was hot. You’d get dirty, though—I’d have to brush you afterwards.

The way you’d get all excited when I read my manuscripts aloud to check my word flow. You’d meow. But mostly, you’d go over to your favorite pink blankie, and get to kneading it so fast and furious, you looked like a dressage horse on crack. It breaks my heart to read this aloud, without you eagerly reciprocating with your blankie dance.

The way you chased your little sister, Lali. She was terrified of you at first. Then, towards the end, I think she liked it when you chased her. In fact, she’s bored out of her mind right now, looking for you under the bed, where you spent your last days. I think she’s hoping you’ll charge out from under there, and give her the thrill of her life.

The way you and I would stargaze in the back yard. We watched for meteors. Satellites. UFO’s. A dozen or so times, you intently watched me spend fifteen minutes trying to focus my stupid telescope on Jupiter or some deep space object, and then give up and turn it towards the moon. You never laughed. You were happy, so long as I was mumbling my astronomy woes to you.

The way you’d perk up when you heard my diesel truck coming off the highway. You were always at the door when I came home, your flat face pressed against the glass. It hurts coming home, and not seeing you there.

You’ve been one of those things in life that was so steady, so predictable, so consistent. For some reason, I assumed you’d live on until you were twenty-three. Then, you had kidney cancer, and in less than a week, I was kissing your velvet ears for the last time. I held you against my chest. Instead of fat and squirmy, you were so frail, I had to hold you like you were an old leaf—normal touch hurt you. Yet, that very morning, as sick as you were, you insisted on performing your blankie dance, as fast and furious as always. You had so much heart.

I don’t know what happens to cats when they die. The writer in me likes to think it’s something fantastical. Perhaps God will take you in his hand, and form you into a powerful guardian angel, so you’ll never leave my side. You wouldn’t like heaven without me, anyway—you know, if a person obsessed over another person, the way you obsessed over me, they’d be put in an asylum, for ‘unhealthy obsession’. Isn’t that something?

As a guardian angel, I’m sure you’d be everything in your celestial form you weren’t here on Earth. You’d be courageous, athletic, and outgoing. You’d be a lioness with wings. But still Bubba ... never more than six feet away from me.

Missing you, your person.

Dammit. Now I'm feeling weepy again.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 05:38 AM
*Huggles* that letter is heartbreaking! Plus the painting! I want to cry too now!

Switch-Phase
09-09-2011, 05:43 AM
My cat's sleeping under the BBQ now.. He's been doing that a lot lately, it gives him a black face from all the soot and dirt lol

alleycat
09-09-2011, 05:44 AM
You know whats funny - from the looks of things most of us that have been chatting have Himmie's - My Molly is a cross with a Himmie =)

Mine is a Russian Blue.

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 05:46 AM
*Huggles* that letter is heartbreaking! Plus the painting! I want to cry too now!

I swear, taking that cat to the vet to be put down was the hardest thing I ever did. It was like euthanizing a child. The other himmie has been getting lots of love this summer.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Awww i only have Molly and im dreading the day i have to say goodbye as it will be so hard!

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 05:55 AM
I was missing from this place for many months. It's because I couldn't write without Dax, not even a forum post! I'd just break down crying, when I realized I wasn't getting her 'feedback'. So I took a break. Worked on a sculpture, trained some horses. Obviously, I'm writing again.

that redhead
09-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Brutal, I don't know you, but I still give you hugs for losing your kitteh. I've had to deal with the same thing, and it never quite goes away. I'm so sorry!

Right now, Nakai is sleeping in his desk chair that's positioned next to mine. Snoopy WAS sleeping in a bed that's on the end of my desk. He just got up a moment ago and went to check on the young'n doing his homework. And by "check on" I mean lay on top of his homework. Sweetie is laying on my far nightstand, napping. All is quiet. For the moment.

Molly Hudson
09-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Molly is eating again. Shes on dry food so it takes her a while to eat her food lol

amergina
09-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Aww Brutal. :(

:Hug2:

The painting is beautiful.

Susan Littlefield
09-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Brutal Mustang,

Beautiful picture and letter (I need some Kleenex, please)

reiver33
09-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm at work so this is based on a few hours ago...

Drop-in cat #1 aka 'Scruff' (now perminant cat #1) is snacking, and by now has probably gone back out the open window by which he came. He'll return before sunrise and sleep the day away on the chair in our back bedroom.

Drop-in cat #2 aka 'Boo' (now semi-perminant) is unable to settle. He's recovering from having a chunk taken out of his neck during a fight (the fang marks are clearly visible) and all the fur around the wound has come away.

BunnyMaz
09-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm so sorry, Mustang.

My cats went from 3 to 2 this year, so I know how you feel. Mething was the inbred, crazy, permanently kitten-faced psychotic troublemaker of my mongrel kitty family, and for months we didn't know why she suddenly always wanted to cuddle in bed or on the chairs under blankets with us, even when it was really warm.

Of course, what was worse is Splodge was her mum. So afterwards, for about a week we had to listen to Splodge making that calling sound cats make when looking for their missing kittens.

Damnit now I have something in my eye!

Looshkin! C'mere, need to use you as a tissue.

*SNRRRRRRRRRRRKT*

He loves it, really.

Now I have cat hairs up my nose. Foo.

Brutal Mustang
09-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Looshkin! C'mere, need to use you as a tissue.

Here you go....

*SNRRRRRRRRRRRKT*Sigh. Yeah, I know. As if us mourning isn't bad enough, the cats left behind have to cry, too. Lali went into a deep depression after Dax died. She went from being obnoxiously playful, and having a big appetite, to just sleeping under the bed all day, barely eating anything. It's gotten better. But definitely not back to the way it was. My sister recently brought home this scrappy little barn kitten. Lali hates its guts, but it gives her something to fret about.

Duncable
09-09-2011, 04:48 PM
:( I had to put down my childhood kitty, Emma, last year. She was 17, I'd had her since I was 8, and wow... it was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I iz all weepy now from this thread.

Winston was our distraction from loosing Emma, actually. My fiance found him the day before the vet came out to the house to put Emma down, and I had no intention of getting a new cat anytime soon, but the little guy just insisted he was our kitty, and I was in no state to refuse. I'm so glad we brought him home, too, because after 'the deed' was all over, I just went home and cried and cried and squeezed the little guinea pig-sized furball so tight, I'm surprised he made it out alive. I couldn't have done it without him.

Losing pets is one of the most painful experiences. Hugs all around! :Hug2: :Hug2:

writerterri
09-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Blue is lying in the hall where we usually keep the hamper looking at my feet when I walk by. I guess he likes that spot. He lies there whenever I move it.

Why is that when I clean his box he comes in and watches me do it? And he watches me clean the toilet too come to think of it. Strange bird.

Katze_E
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Gandalf is sleeping on my bed - he loves sun but can't stay all day sunbathing because he's too white :)

Shannon, my black angel, is two steps from me, on her little bed, but if I go somewhere else in the house, she'll follow me.

Amalia is sleeping outside in the sun, trying to get her golden spots shinier... She's a calico.

I love my babies. ;)

Adam
09-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Charlie is lying under the bed, occasionally eyeing me. Hopefully he'll hop up onto the chair arm later and be adorable. ;)

writerterri
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM
The Bluebinator just spend 15 minutes staring at a clock I took off the wall to correct the time. He hissed and carried on while I moved the hands and put it back on the wall. It's been 20 minutes now and he's not moved from his spot.

Weirdo.

Adam
09-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Dork, ya mean? ;)

writerterri
09-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Dork, ya mean? ;)

Yeth.

Duncable
09-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Winston is destroying the carpet next to his scratching pad. I can't spray him with the water bottle anymore as a deterrent, because he thinks that's a game and lunges into the stream. Loud noises don't work either, but I'll get up eventually and correct him for the nth time.

Guerilla is being a good boy and purring away at my feet. :)

alleycat
09-10-2011, 01:27 AM
My cat is pretending to ignore me because I wouldn't give her tuna.

She only gets real tuna two or three times a week. I don't want her to get where that's all she'll eat.

swachski
09-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Eating toilet paper.

Brutal Mustang
09-10-2011, 02:54 AM
:( I had to put down my childhood kitty, Emma, last year. She was 17, I'd had her since I was 8, and wow... it was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I iz all weepy now from this thread.

Awww! :Hug2:

amergina
09-10-2011, 03:40 AM
The boys are on my bed. Saw Michael first, all curled up. Startled him awake and he gave me this look...

Didn't notice Jon there until the sheets started purring.... he was all stretched out under the covers, and darn flat for a 15 lb cat!

BenPanced
09-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Maxi's on my computer desk, vying for space with my left arm. He's also chewing on the plastic envelope the prescription service used to mail one of my prescriptions, purring his fool head off (and, yes, I actively discourage any chewing of plastic envelopes and/or tape. He LOOOOOOOVES tape.)

Adam
09-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Results of today's cat stacking - Two old socks, one jumper, two pillows.

BunnyMaz
09-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Mine are nice and chilled out at the moment. They had a bit of a play in the garden, ate some grass, got their faces covered in cobwebs, ran in terror from the breeze and spent a few minutes utterly fascinated by a stray seagull feather, then came in for a tasty minced beef treat, so they're quite content right now.

AbielleRose
09-11-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm at work so Mango and Remy are probably plotting my demise...

Tepelus
09-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Maxi's on my computer desk, vying for space with my left arm. He's also chewing on the plastic envelope the prescription service used to mail one of my prescriptions, purring his fool head off (and, yes, I actively discourage any chewing of plastic envelopes and/or tape. He LOOOOOOOVES tape.)

In case you haven't seen this before

http://www.simonscat.com/Films/Sticky-Tape/

alleycat
09-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Mine is taking a relaxing tongue bath.

AbielleRose
09-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Remy's *are you seriously taking another picture of me?* face.

http://c0013949.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_8343f94

Tepelus
09-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Miss White and Missy are enjoying the nice, clean, smelly good comforter on the bed. I'm enjoying it too! Biggie is sitting in the bedroom window daydreaming about being outside, while Jake is sitting on the back of the couch, looking out the window to the vile outdoors he loathes. Jake had been an outdoor cat since he was a kitten, but in May when he fell ill to a ruptured intestine and kept indoors until he healed, he has now become an indoor cat, much to Biggie's dismay, and loves being in the house. He knows the outside is where all the bad stuff has happened to him and has no desire to go out there.

swachski
09-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Remy is very photogenic.

My cats are freaking out from the fireworks.

AbielleRose
09-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Thanks :) He is used to it... I'm a proud kitty mama and am always snapping pics of them.

Hopefully the fireworks stop soon! xx

M R Mortimer
09-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Well, Tenchi (White shorthair) is sleeping off whatever happened to him - he just came home after what must have been one hell of a big night with the ladies - he's been missing for nearly 9 months! Ryoko (The Jack Russel terrier) is stalking Tenchi with devious plans of killing him for running off with another girl.

Meanwhile, Blackstar (Long hair black and white tabby) is severely nose-disjointed because his arch nemesis has returned and is continuously hunting Tenchi to make sure he doesn't find his stash, and Silk (black shorthair kitten I was recently given to replace Tenchi) is extremely confused by it all and simply finding the nearest warm lap not currently occupied at any given time.

Cliff Face
09-11-2011, 03:12 PM
He's sleeping on my bed, opening his eyes every time I look at him for more than 3 seconds... Weird cat with a 6th sense.

But he's going to be annoyed soon, as I'm going to bed in a little bit and I don't let him sleep in my room. I would probably let him stay, if it wasn't for the fact that if I leave my bedroom door open (so he can get out during the night if he wants) the dog will be all over me. Whenever I'm lying in bed with the door open, the dog just won't leave me alone, no matter what I do.

She eventually would settle down, but then I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night to the animals fighting right on top of me.

So kitty gets kicked out of my room.

TheTinCat
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Eddie's digging at my blanket, wanting to get under it. He has an obsession with getting under things, but he has never worked out that if he stands on top of the blanket and just pulls at with his claws? It won't work.

I always end up giving in and helping him get under the damn thing...

seun
09-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Sean is asleep beside a window. Ed is asleep on the bed.

So, the usual.

Duncable
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Begging for food, because apparently when I sleep in, no one else in this house thinks to feed the cats. Even though they should have been fed 2 1/2 hours ago...

And by begging for food, I mean beating the crap out of each other and performing wonderous feats of acrobatics that are bound to eventually destroy expensive things. I suppose I shall feed them now...

amergina
09-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Michael is sitting behind me on the windowsill, purring, because he got treats.

Jon is nowhere to be seen. But he doesn't like treats, so...

Snitchcat
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Shadow's hugging a cushion and fast asleep.

Iris has vanished again (this is normal behaviour for her).

BunnyMaz
09-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Amazingly, mine haven't destroyed the curtain in the bedroom, yet.

The rail is one of those ridiculous ones that just balances on the hooks, and the curtains have been freshly dyed to hide the huge claw marks and embedded cat hairs, so I'm expecting them to Christen them with an attempted climbing, soon.

BenPanced
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Washing...bits. And things. NSFW.

AbielleRose
09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Amazingly, mine haven't destroyed the curtain in the bedroom, yet.

The rail is one of those ridiculous ones that just balances on the hooks, and the curtains have been freshly dyed to hide the huge claw marks and embedded cat hairs, so I'm expecting them to Christen them with an attempted climbing, soon.

I have the same sort of rail/hooks and its bent a bit because Remy keeps trying to climb the curtains to get to the blind cord.

Both of mine are currently in the bathroom having a 'time out' until I can clean the glass from one of the dishes they broke this morning. I keep sweeping and keep finding new bits EVERYWHERE. *headdesk*

Smish
09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Chloe Cat is currently sleeping on my foot. She always does this, even though she knows it annoys me. :rant:

writerterri
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM

Some of that going on here too. And then he'll go off and hump the pillow pets.

He's such a dork.

Victoria
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Sleeping on my husband's pillow. He'll be so pleased. :wag:

Adam
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Charlie's had a hard day. Slept on the sofa, slept on the bed on my legs (he's happiest when I'm immobile), moved to the chair and slept crammed into the gap beside my laptop, then returned back to the bed once I got out of it.

bettielee
09-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Cricket's doing her old lady trick, where she sits on her condo and sticks her head through the curtains, watching the neighbors.

Adam
09-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Charlie does that. There are several other cats in the neighbourhood, and he's always running from one window to the other to spot and mewl at them. If the cats aren't there, he watches the people instead. ;)

BunnyMaz
09-12-2011, 01:25 AM

Hah! You're just jealous you can't do that. :P

When our Mething was still with us we had to absolutely refuse guests while she was on heat. She learned that she could erm... take care of it herself if she got an urge for boycats and none were to be found.

Imagine a cat appearing to clean itself, suddenly making the noises cats make when they are otherwise engaged. Not something you want going on just as you're serving dinner to a work colleague or coffee to the landlady.

TheTinCat
09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Imagine a cat appearing to clean itself, suddenly making the noises cats make when they are otherwise engaged. Not something you want going on just as you're serving dinner to a work colleague or coffee to the landlady.

Oh, good lord...

writerterri
09-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Mommie's little Blue booger is being spun in a chair by my soon to be 14 year old son.

He's pissed.

Flur
09-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Moose is sitting on the back of the sofa, staring out the window. Papa is sitting beside me on the sofa, cleaning himself. And now he stopped and is staring at me.

amergina
09-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Jon is meowing for attention in that particular Burmese way. It involves high volume and squeaks.

TheTinCat
09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Eddie is going full idiot over a tablet of Valerian ...

amergina
09-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Jon's keeping the bed warm. Or he was when I left:

http://pics.livejournal.com/amergina/pic/001yfy06

AbielleRose
09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Mommie's little Blue booger is being spun in a chair by my soon to be 14 year old son.

He's pissed.

This made me giggle. :D So cute!

Remy must be really sad because he won't let me stop cuddling. I'm now at Starbucks writing but it was a fight to put him down in order to leave. He digs his claws into my collarbone and his head just below my chin and meows pittifully.

Mango peed on the bathroom tile... again...

Alpha Echo
09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm at work, but I'm 100% sure Toby is lounging in the sunlight on the kitchen table top.

Just like he shouldn't be.

BunnyMaz
09-13-2011, 08:54 PM
I had to leave the house for almost a whole hour to go see my crazy-person doctor, so poor little Loosh' was all alone with only my other half and his sister.

So of course, this was terribly traumatic for him, and he is now running back and forth between rooms meowing to himself, jumping on my lap from afar then jumping straight off again, using my gut as a bruise-prone springboard.

AbielleRose
09-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Mango thinks she needs people food (don't worry, she didn't get any).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261941_10150310512809669_500454668_9168122_2239283 _n.jpg

Cliff Face
09-14-2011, 03:23 AM
When I walked out of my room to see what he was doing, he was lying under some timber.

It's not quite as weird as it sounds - we have 7 long, thin pieces of timber propped up on 3 milk crates, for purposes of painting them. And he was laying underneath them, next to the middle crate.

sperrynluv
09-14-2011, 03:34 AM
sleeping on the back of the couch.

starbeam
09-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Two are laying on the floor, and the third is grooming on the couch.

starbeam
09-14-2011, 06:37 AM
I take that back. One of the two who was laying on the floor is now annoying my husband by blocking his view of the computer.

Susan Littlefield
09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Oliver is sleeping on the sofa and Buddy is asleep in the blue recliner. They are such angels this time of day. :D

pandaponies
09-14-2011, 09:13 AM
This is an amazing thread.

My cat is sitting half on my leg staring at my laptop / watching everything I type, as she does every single night. :P She leaves her hind legs on the floor/bed (depends on where I'm sitting) and props her front end up on my thigh and tucks her little feet under and purrs. It's annoying because she likes to get in the way or grab my hand while I'm trying to type, but at the same time... undeniably adorable...

Adam
09-14-2011, 01:58 PM
After decorating the mat with partially digested food, Charlie is now napping. Bless 'im.

fiendish
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Sleeping in a box. He likes boxes.

sadron
09-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Drinkin' cocoa and listening to music, msn...

amergina
09-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Jon is in my arms, "helping" me write.

BunnyMaz
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Jon is in my arms, "helping" me write.

Ah, yes. Because obviously, being busy typing or having a laptop in front of you, or pen and paper, means CUDDLETIME.

And it always seems to be the extra drooly, face-nuzzling-the-shift-key sort of cuddle time, too.

Susan Littlefield
09-15-2011, 06:48 PM
My cats are on alert right now, their tails twitching. They know Rhymegirl (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224885)needs help in her house catching a mouse.

AbielleRose
09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Mine are wide eyed and attacking the grocery bags I just unpacked.

amergina
09-15-2011, 08:39 PM
This morning, Jon was fiercely protecting me from a large pink emery board. Tossing it in the air, doing the kitty circle jump to kill it dead dead dead.

My hero! That emery board will never hurt me again.

TheTinCat
09-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Eddie is sleeping on the computer pillow he rejected all his real cat beds for, leaving me to balance my laptop on my thigh like some sort of cave person.

writerterri
09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Bluebie Doo where are you?

He's lying next to a pile of clothes on my daughters bed looking out the window watching the maintenance men and the neighbors move in through the cracks of the blinds with his ears forward.

Kyla Laufreyson
09-15-2011, 10:43 PM
She is sleeping adorably next to me. Just got done sending a picture of her to a friend via cell phone. Much better than when she kept walking across my chest earlier.

Bubastes
09-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Both cats are sitting next to me, carefully separated by a pillow. The older cat is giving the younger cat the "get off mah couch!" stinkeye.

writerterri
09-16-2011, 08:30 PM
He was just rubbing up against my leg but left when he couldn't grab my attention.

I love you man!

VP_Benni
09-17-2011, 12:50 AM
My mom left raw elk meat on the stove to thaw for dinner...

Now it has kitty teeth marks all over it...

~Amber~

Cliff Face
09-17-2011, 02:56 AM
My kitty has a frog in his throat. He's giving little coughs every so often, and when he meows it sounds different to usual.

He probably has a hairball or something.

amergina
09-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Jon cat is trying to close my laptop with his head. I think he may want some attention...

Ah, now he has settled down into my lap. Yup. He wants the pettings.

Mike is up on the bed, buried in the covers. He wants the warm zzzzs.

swachski
09-17-2011, 06:16 AM
<<Koshka is trading the purrs for the pettings.

AbielleRose
09-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Sunday my Remy will be getting a new home. My small apartment is too small for 2 cats- especially Remy who needs room to run and play. He'll have a house now with 2 loving kitty parents and a dog to terrorize. Hopefully Mango won't be too sad. :(

swachski
09-17-2011, 06:51 AM
I bet you will be sad. :(

AbielleRose
09-17-2011, 07:03 AM
I will be. He's a beautiful, cuddly, loving cat. I've never heard him hiss or seen him use his claws aggressively. He's a wonderful lap cat. Its hard, but I know this is for the best. When I took him in it was with the knowledge he would be leaving (he was my Mango's littermate and the people had a newborn baby and didn't want the kittens around the baby).

There will be much cuddling tonight and tomorrow before I take him to his new home.

writerterri
09-17-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm sure you'll find a good home. (((HUG)))

Brutal Mustang
09-18-2011, 07:33 PM
My cat is napping in a sunbeam, without her nose on, as usual.

http://www.brutalsun.com/images/no_nose.jpg

http://www.brutalsun.com/images/lazy_lali.jpg

Button
09-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Cat thread!

Mine are sitting.

And staring.

>.>

They do that a lot.

Snitchcat
09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Iris is eating; Shadow's outside.

AbielleRose
09-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Mango is asleep in the sink. If only she knew I was planning a bath for her later...

Duncable
09-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Lenny is actually curled up next to me sleeping. She rarely does this, so I feel kinda special. :)

The other two are both sleeping in the window together, and touching no less. My house is oddly calm today...

Adam
09-18-2011, 11:00 PM
He's eating eating or pooping. I can't decide whether the rustling is food or litter.

alleycat
09-18-2011, 11:06 PM
My cat is wanting me to take a nap on the sofa so she can take a nap too and use me as a self-propelled heating pad.

Storm Surge
09-19-2011, 04:32 AM
My little pest (I do love him so!) has decided the record player is the most fascinating thing ever. It's moving! It needs to be batted at obviously. Unfortunately the turntable doesn't have a cover so I have to keep pulling him off it

pandaponies
09-19-2011, 05:03 AM
Fat Spoiled Housecat is glaring/growling at Little Rescued Stray (who is half his size if not smaller) and flicking his tail. He is NOT impressed with my letting her inside.

LilliCray
09-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Awww... this thread makes me miss my kitties even more. :( They're with my mom while I'm off at college. I miss my babies. (Even if they hate me. I am a horrible cat mother. I try to cuddle them, horror of horrors. But they're sooo huggable... and at least I feed them, they could be a little more grateful... buttheads. ;) )

The worst thing about college--no animals. No ratties, no doggie, no kitties. :'(

Considering the time, though, I'd imagine Shadow (my "gray" calico) is meowing and/or knocking something over and/or scratching the Victorian chairs and getting yelled at, and Toni (my black kitty) is hanging out outside being super adorable in all her one-eyed cuteness.

Sniff... I miss my kitties...

pandaponies
09-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Lillicray, I did the exact same thing (went off to college and left my animals with my parents) - I lasted a year and a half and stopped being able to stand it, promptly moved off campus, got a job and dragged all of them 700 miles away to live with me. My parents weren't spoiling them enough for my liking, LOL.

Adam
09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
After a hard night of snoozing on my legs, Charlie is now snoozing on the bed where my legs used to be.

Wish I was a bloody cat... *Mumble grumble*

Cliff Face
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
My cat WAS intimidating the dog on my bed. Dog was over on one side, shaking with fear, while the cat was stretched out and staring at her.

Now the dog is on the floor grumbling, and cat is where the dog used to be. And he's sleeping.

BenPanced
09-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Probably arguing with my boyfriend/lover/husband/roommate/significant other/whatever over who's going to sit in the chair.

alleycat
09-20-2011, 01:09 AM
My cat is just sitting over in the floor.

She probably hasn't worked up enough energy to go take another nap.

Stlight
09-20-2011, 01:10 AM
I will be. He's a beautiful, cuddly, loving cat. I've never heard him hiss or seen him use his claws aggressively. He's a wonderful lap cat. Its hard, but I know this is for the best. When I took him in it was with the knowledge he would be leaving (he was my Mango's littermate and the people had a newborn baby and didn't want the kittens around the baby).

There will be much cuddling tonight and tomorrow before I take him to his new home.

Did the lady take it well the 18th time you told her if it doesn't work out call - any time day or night - and I'll pick him up?

Soccer Mom
09-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Sara is under my son's feet, "helping" him with homework. Bootsie is sleeping on son's backpack to keep it warm for him.

AbielleRose
09-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Did the lady take it well the 18th time you told her if it doesn't work out call - any time day or night - and I'll pick him up?

Heh, actually the weather turned bad the day I was supposed to take him so I have him for a bit longer. He's been nothing but love and cuddles the last few days and refuses to leave my side for anything (and meows like crazy if I leave the room.) I think he knows something's up.

I can't make the trip for another week or two now so a little more cuddle time is in order. :)

Hopefully Mango will be able to cope with being the only kitty in the apartment. She's always trying to lay on him or annoy him. :)

amergina
09-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Mr. Jon has snuggled under the clean, warm laundry that just came out of the drier. Mr. Mike is "sunning" himself on top of my fabric stash on the shelf under one of the recessed basement lights.

Cliff Face
09-20-2011, 08:14 AM
The cat is locked in my bedroom with me while mum's friends do some woodwork with the front door wide open. Kitty isn't allowed out, because of a vicious neighbour cat.

So up until now, he's been trying to get my attention as much as possible in the hopes that I will let him out. Ie. he's been rubbing up against me, headbutting me, basically just not leaving me alone.

Thankfully he's laying down now. It looked as though he was going to try to use force to get his way any minute... But a sleeping kitty is much better than an attack kitty.

Adam
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Charlie just yacked all over the floor. He then tried to lie on top of the plastic bag I was filling full of pukey paper towels. He's now inspecting the clean patches of floor that smell of Febreeze.

Cliff Face
09-20-2011, 11:45 AM
My kitty is eating. He was laying on my bed watching me read, at least until I got up to make a coffee.

Sleeping is hungry work, apparently.

Adam
09-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Charlie doesn't do well with night shifts. He's in his loopy phase now. Running from one window to the other, scratching things he knows he shouldn't scratch, and trying to climb to places he knows he shouldn't climb to. Trying to shout at him without waking the people upstairs. :tongue