I cut off all my hair. (pics)

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I went for nearly waist length (and quite badly damaged from years of hairdye)
Hairbefore.jpg

To this.
Swansandhair014.jpg

My head feels so light! I love it.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Looks really good Ann, I like it.

I did the very same thing last year and donated it to Locks of Love. You'll notice it will be easier to take care of.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I can't stop shaking my head about. Also, my hair is surprisingly curly with all that weight taken out.
I;ve got a couple of pics of the sides, too. I went for asymmetrical, cause I want a really drastic change
Swansandhair015.jpg

Swansandhair016.jpg

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
You're stylin'! The hair complements your glasses.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Your hair looks cute and I like the color, but I still prefer the long locks. My hair is long and thick and have thought about whacking it all off because it's so heavy and hot in the summer, but I know I would hate myself for it. The shortest I will go is shoulder length, and I don't really like it that short. Despite me liking my hair long, I can't stand it on my neck or in my face, especially while working. Short hair comes with easier maintenance, though. At least it won't get caught in stuff anymore. Or, at least not as easily.

Reaction score
I once went from a waist-length perm to a crop in one go. What a relief it was. All that weight off my head and I didn't have to spend an age looking after my hair. Washing, conditioning, drying, styling...

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Your hair looks cute and I like the color, but I still prefer the long locks. My hair is long and thick and have thought about whacking it all off because it's so heavy and hot in the summer, but I know I would hate myself for it. The shortest I will go is shoulder length, and I don't really like it that short. Despite me liking my hair long, I can't stand it on my neck or in my face, especially while working. Short hair comes with easier maintenance, though. At least it won't get caught in stuff anymore. Or, at least not as easily.
I used to get food in my hair when it was long. So far that hasn't happened with this.

Loads of other advantages, too. It looks better the messier it gets, I don't have to use a big tub of conditioner a month. And friends keep going 'Oh my God! Your hair!' which is quite gratifying.

Scarlett: A waist length perm? That must have been a LOT of hair. I can imagine the relief from the weight. My neck feels loads better already.

One thing, I keep putting my arms behind my head to lift my hair out of the way when I go to sit down in the computer chair (I used to get my hair trapped easily) and getting startled when I realise it's gone.

I can;t wait to see how it looks with a nice outfit and some makeup.

Reaction score
When I get more than a couple of inches cut off my hair I get that startled feeling when I brush my hair and the hair 'stops' before I expect it to. "Oh. I'm at the ends of my hair already then. Right. I got it cut, didn't I?"

SaraKC

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Good on you, it looks great! I bet it took a lot of courage though.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I get that same feeling too, Scarlett. And when I use the same amount of shampoo and conditioner forgetting my hair is now shorter and I don't need to use as much. That takes a couple of showers to get used to.

Reaction score
No, it's two T's. My screen name is scarletpeaches; the pen name is Scarlett.