Things that you'll never live down

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
When I was three years old my parents had a photographer take a portrait of me and my younger brother. In the picture, I look just like Eddie Munster.

Mostly it's my mom's fault -- she dressed me up in some kind of Little Lord Fauntleroy get-up and slicked my hair back into a widow's peak. It wasn't intentional; in fact, she hated "The Munsters" TV show -- but I still ended up looking like Eddie.

My mom kept the photo in a frame on an end-table in her living room for years and years, and whenever anyone noticed it they would say, "Jeez, that kid looks just like Eddie Munster".

I recently talked to one of my childhood buddies and he brought the whole thing up: "Hey, remember that picture of you...the Eddie Munster picture?"

Thanks a lot, Mom! :rolleyes:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I do, too! :ROFL:

I ordered a fish in Venice that I'll never live down. The waiter asked if I wanted a big fish or a little fish. wtf? A big one, of course.

Turns out, that was one expensive fish! The price was per ounce (or whatever metric applies).

My family has a refrain of 'don't let her order the fish!' when we go out, yeah :D

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I do, too! :ROFL:

I ordered a fish in Venice that I'll never live down. The waiter asked if I wanted a big fish or a little fish. wtf? A big one, of course.

Turns out, that was one expensive fish! The price was per ounce (or whatever metric applies).

My family has a refrain of 'don't let her order the fish!' when we go out, yeah :D

Hey, big spender! :Thumbs:

JSDR

wants moar baddassery.
Registered
Reaction score
Some cops found me and my significant behind a 7-eleven doing some pretty wicked, half-naked petting making out. I don't know why, but they needed to call in reinforcements for this. There were three black and whites by the time they alerted us to their presence... by shining their spotlights on the back window of the car....

Now, the friends I've told this to text me whenever they're in or near a 7-11 and they remember that story. "Guess where I am.... yeah, THAT place...." or "Hey, I just told the cashier your story. He wanted to know which branch it was."

Also - where's the photo? I want to see!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
High school (senior year)

English/Lit

Mrs. Weimer left the room

Richard Freeman dared me to join him in a little booty shaking on top of the desk

He jumped down after a couple of minutes, but I was into my groove and was having a good time entertaining the troops.

Mrs. Weimer walked back in, started swearing in her native German tongue and made me sit outside the room for the remainder of the class period.
icon11.gif

Last edited:

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
A boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer when I told him I was no good at bowling. When I got ready to bowl, or throw, or roll, or wtf you call it, I aimed at the pins, swung my arm back. The ball slipped off my fingers, and 'bowled' over an old man, behind me, who happened to be passing by.

It was not the end of the relationship, but he never took me to a bowling alley again.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I was one of those 80s kids who did the modeling thing in the mall.

I had no idea that was what it was, and I had no idea what I was doing. During the modeling thing, I sped up and walked right into the guy in front of me. He kindly told me what to do, "Walk ten steps behind me, just smile nice and pretty."

Did I mention I'm one of those folks who hates attention? :p Worst thing ever.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I was in a sales meeting. About 30 other people crammed into a small, hot space, late at night (around 10:30PM).

Everyone wanted to go home. Nobody wanted to volunteer to take on more clients. The person naming out the names of who we were working on mentions someone.

Silence.

Boss-woman says, "Come on, isn't anyone going to take this one?"

Irritated that no one else was speaking up, and not thinking about what I was saying, I said, "Sure, I'll try Dick."

:gone:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Early twenties, out with a couple of male buddies, bars had closed and it was time for fourth meal. We were waiting in line at the Taco Bell drive-thru and I announced that I had to pee and wanted the driver (we were three deep in the front of a monster truck) to pull out of the line and drive down the street to the gas station because it was the only place open with a bathroom. He refused. I begged and pleaded to no avail. He told me just to cop a squat in the bushes at the edge of the parking lot, bordering a large field. I had no other option, so I went.

I shimmied my way into the middle of the bushes and commenced peeing, but, um....the tinkling sounded like it was hitting plastic. I looked down but it was too dark to see anything. Then I heard rustling and brought my gaze forward about three feet to the giant eyeballs of the homeless guy whose legs I was peeing on.

I screamed and ran out of the bushes with my pants around my ankles, took a wrong step off the curb and faceplanted into the parking lot. Then I got up and continued screaming and running (while pulling up my pants) back to the truck.

My dear, sweet friends still go into hysterics when they tell that story. Bastids.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
It is widely claimed, in my family, that I was caught crying during Honey I Shrunk The Kids, when the ant died.

This is simply not true. I had dust in my eye.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
High school (senior year)

English/Lit

Mrs. Weimer left the room

Richard Freeman dared me to join him in a little booty shaking on top of the desk

He jumped down after a couple of minutes, but I was into my groove and was having a good time entertaining the troops.

Mrs. Weimer walked back in, started swearing in her native German tongue and made me sit outside the room for the remainder of the class period.
icon11.gif

At my high school, that would have made you a living legend! :Thumbs:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I was in a sales meeting. About 30 other people crammed into a small, hot space, late at night (around 10:30PM).

Everyone wanted to go home. Nobody wanted to volunteer to take on more clients. The person naming out the names of who we were working on mentions someone.

Silence.

Boss-woman says, "Come on, isn't anyone going to take this one?"

Irritated that no one else was speaking up, and not thinking about what I was saying, I said, "Sure, I'll try Dick."

:gone:

:ROFL:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Early twenties, out with a couple of male buddies, bars had closed and it was time for fourth meal. We were waiting in line at the Taco Bell drive-thru and I announced that I had to pee and wanted the driver (we were three deep in the front of a monster truck) to pull out of the line and drive down the street to the gas station because it was the only place open with a bathroom. He refused. I begged and pleaded to no avail. He told me just to cop a squat in the bushes at the edge of the parking lot, bordering a large field. I had no other option, so I went.

I shimmied my way into the middle of the bushes and commenced peeing, but, um....the tinkling sounded like it was hitting plastic. I looked down but it was too dark to see anything. Then I heard rustling and brought my gaze forward about three feet to the giant eyeballs of the homeless guy whose legs I was peeing on.

I screamed and ran out of the bushes with my pants around my ankles, took a wrong step off the curb and faceplanted into the parking lot. Then I got up and continued screaming and running (while pulling up my pants) back to the truck.

My dear, sweet friends still go into hysterics when they tell that story. Bastids.

Yikes! :scared:

Drinking + fourth meal + going pee-pee = BIG TROUBLE! No matter what, something always goes wrong!

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I was one of those 80s kids who did the modeling thing in the mall.

I had no idea that was what it was, and I had no idea what I was doing. During the modeling thing, I sped up and walked right into the guy in front of me. He kindly told me what to do, "Walk ten steps behind me, just smile nice and pretty."

Did I mention I'm one of those folks who hates attention? :p Worst thing ever.

Malls...gotta stay away from 'em.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
It is widely claimed, in my family, that I was caught crying during Honey I Shrunk The Kids, when the ant died.

This is simply not true. I had dust in my eye.

You should have walked to the lobby to buy some popcorn :popcorn:, and cried in the restroom!