Not sure about this [where do I post a synopsis? Answer: Query Letter Hell SYW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
Where do I post a synopsis? More specifically, the text typically read on the back cover? Do I post it in Query letter hell? Or should I even post something only a couple paragraphs long (at the most).

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds right. :)

If it does end up in the wrong place, it can always get moved.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A 'real' synopsis (which you'd send to an agent or publisher to summarize the whole book) would go in Query Letter Hell.

What you're talking about, blurbs, are usually not written by the author but by someone at the publisher, sort of teasers to tell a little about the plot, enough to interest a potential reader. Some publishers use quotes from authors to whom the publisher gave advance copies instead or in addition to blurbs.

Maryn, recommending QLH for any of these

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Renamed thread for clarity and so it might show up in searches if anyone else has the same question. (There are already a couple of similar threads in SYW Main, but these might not list in searches due to the password protection.)

Also check out the "How to..." sticky threads in QLH.

-Derek

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
I never would've guessed a blurb because I'm the one writing it about my book. Well, actually, it's a proposal that I want to send to white wolf. They require a summary of the important plot lines (synopsis?), a list of important characters, why we should care about those characters, and a short summary like the one anyone could read at the back of the book.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.