Well, I guess I missed that part of the FAQ

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
So I saw that thread asking about how to view rep points.

Rep points? What the hell are those?

A FAQ was nailed to the top of the screen.

Oh, well, I guess I missed that the first time around.

***Reads FAQ about reps***

Hey, that's a nice feature. A way to say thanks to people for helping out.

I went into my SYW Query thread and clicked some rep buttons, then went into a couple other threads where I knew people had made comments I thought were helpful.

All done.

That was earlier today.

This evening, realizing that my visitor messaging wasn't enabled, I went into my edit options to turn it on.

That's when I saw them.

There are a lot of rep messages there for me. And some have been sitting there for months.

So I put up this thread as a soft blanket of Thank You for all the nice comments. I intend to respond to individual messages where appropriate.

But I didn't want anybody to think I wasn't a gentleman. Abrasive? Sure. Vaguely reminiscent of Rizzo the Rat? I think so. Query letter annihilator? Oh hell yes. Irascible, monotonous, repetitive, redundant, repetitive, malaise-y, kincaide-enamored, distractable, intractable, igloo, lego-enthused, culinarily obsessive and poker-challenged? Sure, all of those things.

But I'm a gentleman, dammit.

So thanks for the kind words, all you great people.

Cheers.

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
Ironically, AK, if I recall, your post was the first on my intro thread reminding me about all the FAQs and what-not. I really did go through them, but apparently everything didn't stick (mild pun intended).

Also, I most certainly do remember First Comics and Eclipse (and Eagle and Epic).

Cheers.

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
Also, as an addendum, when I went and gave out some reps for people that had helped me out, that was before I saw all the ones in my profile. I didn't realize that they are typically very personable. I thought when I started giving out reps that it was like a small review or something. So when I put in very impersonal statements like...

"Helped me on SYW Query thread."
or
"Made helpful comments. Would make great critter."

...I didn't realize that it was going straight to each of you like that. I mean, I definitely meant what I said, but I didn't mean for it to come off like some awful Yelp review page, lol.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Don't sweat it CE, we've all done it, and besides, now you've talked the Aztec Ace into going back in time to fix it all for ya.

This should be fun.

:D

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score

Hey, that's a nice feature. A way to say thanks to people for helping out.

I went into my SYW Query thread and clicked some rep buttons, then went into a couple other threads where I knew people had made comments I thought were helpful.

All done.

That was earlier today.

This evening, realizing that my visitor messaging wasn't enabled, I went into my edit options to turn it on.

That's when I saw them.

There are a lot of rep messages there for me. And some have been sitting there for months.

So I put up this thread as a soft blanket of Thank You for all the nice comments. I intend to respond to individual messages where appropriate.

But I didn't want anybody to think I wasn't a gentleman. Abrasive? Sure. Vaguely reminiscent of Rizzo the Rat? I think so. Query letter annihilator? Oh hell yes. Irascible, monotonous, repetitive, redundant, repetitive, malaise-y, kincaide-enamored, distractable, intractable, igloo, lego-enthused, culinarily obsessive and poker-challenged? Sure, all of those things.

So thanks for the kind words, all you great people.

Cheers.

OMG. I'm guilty of this too. Sorry everyone. I didn't realize I had rep points until I read this thread. So... thank you.:D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, it happens all the time.

Actually, when I saw that same thread about reps today, I thought, "Wow, she only had 17 posts, and she already knows about reps?" Usually it takes a while for people to find them :D

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
now you've talked the Aztec Ace into going back in time to fix it all for ya.

Uh oh. I'm a married man. Don't start talking Eclipse to me. Those are words to swoon by.

I just joined a comics forum (CBR). There's a whole buncha stuff going on in comics currently that I don't have a clue about. I hang out in the Classic Comics section and talk Eclipse, First, etc, (and for those of them who are older than me, comics I've only heard about). The nostalgia is warm as christmas lights on a snowy day. I began a Masked Man (BC Boyer) review and synopsis thread. Sometimes I think I have too much time on my hands.

Cheers.

Deleted member 42

OMG OMG

He read an FAQ!

[swoons]

[Reps madly]

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...But I didn't want anybody to think I wasn't a gentleman. Abrasive? Sure. Vaguely reminiscent of Rizzo the Rat? I think so.

Irascible, monotonous, repetitive, redundant, repetitive, malaise-y, kincaide-enamored, distractable, intractable, igloo, lego-enthused, culinarily obsessive and poker-challenged? Sure, all of those things.

*Whispers*

I think Chicago is an ideal candidate for the "Old Farts" forum. Just sayin'

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
OMG OMG

He read an FAQ!

[swoons]

[Reps madly]

:OFG fans Medi: There... there... you'll be alright! I know it's a shock to your system 'n' all, but just breath deeply - in and out, that's it!

*Whispers*

I think Chicago is an ideal candidate for the "Old Farts" forum. Just sayin'

So... bring 'im on in, Lavern! We need some manly men in that joint!

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's offensive. I prefer to be called retro-gassy.

Oh great.

Gassy and a smarty-pants.

old_man_high_pants-257x300.jpg

Deleted member 42

What? Huh?

Doesn't everybody read FAQs? :eek:

Alas no, aside from a few mods who mock my age and infirmities, no one seems to read my exquisite genre-defying FAQs, which I spend YEARS writing, up hill, in snow and sleet, against the gravitational forces of the Earth, and with insufficient booze for fuel.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Alas no, aside from a few mods who mock my age and infirmities, no one seems to read my exquisite genre-defying FAQs, which I spend YEARS writing, up hill, in snow and sleet, against the gravitational forces of the Earth, and with insufficient booze for fuel.
Did you have to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before you went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to go to work, and when you got home, your Dad would kill you, and dance about on your graves singing "Hallelujah."?

The youth of today, they just don't realise how hard things were, amiright?

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Oops! I just realized I forgot to enable my visitor messages too. *does so*

My apologies to all the millions of adoring fans who were unable to post publically visible random comments to my profile. :)