Mat's 22 Week Short Story Challenge

MatNastos

Super Genius
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matnastos.net
I'm sure others have done this, but I thought I'd post what I'm doing to push myself in the writing department. A few weeks back I started a "short story challenge" for myself. Completely swiped from what Dean Wesley Smith has been doing, I set a goal for myself to write a new short story (in addition to my other work) every week through the end of the year. When I started, there were 22 weeks left in the year, so it became my "22 Week Short Story Challenge."

I've been documenting my progress over on my website for those whose interest I have piqued. The direct link is: http://www.matnastos.net/2011/07/the-mat-nastos-short-story-challenge/.

I'm only 3 weeks in, but it's been an interesting process in writing and in learning e-publishing. I just posted the third installment this afternoon.

If anyone else has done something like this to challenge themselves, I'd love to hear about what they did. It's great to see what others are doing to push themselves in directions they might not otherwise go.

-Mat N