Proposal for a Weekend Savings Time(just being stoopid)

AndreF

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
To those that control the date and time:

First I would like to thank you for doing such a great job maintaining the space time continuum. I know its no easy gig keeping things is order. However I feel that I must respectfully submit this proposal for a Weekend Savings Time.(WST)

This is a proposal that we have Thursday and Friday, as well a few portions of Monday, be absorbed into Saturday and Sunday. So Tuesday and Wednesday will be twenty-four hour days and Saturday and Sunday will be forty-eight(ish) hour days.

So the standard work week during WST will be portions of Monday, Tuesday through Wednesday. During WST everyone will be working less that twenty hours but should receive pay and profits for a entire forty plus hours worked.

Thanks.

Falcon

Last edited:

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to petition for a eight-day week, but reality's having none of it.

Therefore, I wish you luck in your endeavours.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Falcon,

We received your note of August 24. 2011 (actually, 4,131,293,933.098234, but who's counting? Sorry, a little Space/Time joke we have).

After careful consideration, we feel your proposal is not right for us at this time.

In reviewing your past work timesheets, we see that you rarely put in forty hours of actual work anyway. Considerable time is spent on your cellphone, posting silly ideas on the Internet, online shopping for shoes, taking 90 minute lunches, and flirting with the blonde in payroll. By our calculation, you will need to work eighty hours a week until 2014 to make up for this discrepancy. Also, you will need to attend an extra 58 insurance and 401(k) meetings, as well as 26 lunchtime PowerPoint presentations about why you should work harder for the same amount of money.

Sincerely,
Chronus T. Bass, Administrator
The Space/Time Continuum, Earth Division

Last edited:

AndreF

Registered
Reaction score
That was funny. :)

Seriously though I wish there was a blonde on my job site...but she'd probably look like a man(I'm in the warehousing business...no A/C and one can easily die...I was almost killed this weekend and my boss avoided decapitation by a few split seconds)

Last edited:

lcwrite

Registered
Reaction score
For those of us that frequently have to work the weekends, that's going to really suck.