Gonna be offline for a few days. IT IS TIME.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
A few of you may remember that at the lend of last month, some nasty piece of crap stole our months money out of our account. We got it back, but because of the timing, we missed a lot of our bills.

Well, the fallout of it all is: while we managed to cover the vast majority of our bills afterwards, our broadband bill slipped our minds. They'll be cutting us off on monday, until the bill has been paid.

So, don;t worry, I'll be back in about a week or so, but I'm not going to be about.

Ugh, I wish they'd never taken that money. We're going to be playing catch-up for months before we're as secure as we were before they took it.

I supose I'll get plenty of writing done, that's a bonus, right?

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Anninyn. Some people are just trash. :Hug2:

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I'm just glad they didn't get to keep it. But still, it's really tiring and upsetting. We've never missed a bill before, and I don't like doing it now. But the simple fact of the matter is that this whole thing has left us a lot tighter financially then we ever were before.

It's amazing how that works. Even though we got the money back, we're still worse off.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Oh that sucks. :(

I know what you mean about what you end up paying for missed payments. Hubby was paid late at the end of May and we're still paying the price. The bank charges in the UK are disgraceful. We're still not sorted and I don't see us being right for some time.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Luckily the bank refunde the charges from this- but some of the companies we missed paying charge for late payments, which is probably why we're tight. Unless my money clears this week we have £30 to last us till friday.

Reaction score
Fuckers.

Get lots of writing done, and stock up on filthy, abusive tweets for when you return.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Thanks. I'm really touched by all the support and concern, especially for a relative newbie. This really is one of the best forums I've been on.

I've had a really sucky few years, and this whole thing happening is just the icing on the pain cake, you know? It seems so minor in comparison to everything else, but it's just worn me down.

Huh, I wonder why I'm finding writing tricky at the moment...

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
My dad told me something once which has stuck with me. I won't repeat his exact words (not without using lots of rude words), but the gist was basically when things are crappy, you often find more crappy things happen while when things are going great, everything goes well. It's like the crappy things attract more crappy things. The important thing to remember is the opposite is true.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Luckily the bank refunde the charges from this- but some of the companies we missed paying charge for late payments, which is probably why we're tight. Unless my money clears this week we have £30 to last us till friday.
Could you try getting them to waive those fees in this case? One of my colleagues at work has found that you can get companies to give you all sorts of discounts if you try. Just ask to speak to their cancellations department. :evil

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
We might very well have to do that. But Jos hates kicking up a fuss. I'm the bossy one in the relationship, and having been in customer service jobs for years I know the magic phrases to say...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We'll be here when you return. Jelly and ice cream to be served in the drawing room.

...and I'll make you a PIE.

(or a cake, if you prefer) ;)

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
It is time.
36 minutes to go.

Dress me in the clothes of mourning, for I go into exile. Into the barren wastes of non-internet.

It has been many years since I last lived outside its safe and comforting walls.

I will miss you. All of you.

If my quest goes well, I should return within the week. If it goes poorly, who knows when I shall next grace these hallowed portals? (Like a fortnight? I hope not as much as a month. Urrgh)
Do not weep for me. I will be protected.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I hope the bird of paradise takes a crap in their naval and then dies and falls on their powerlines, knocking them off the grid for awhile. And then maybe because a powerline doesn't work, a big truck runs a light and crashes into their car. (dn't worry, the truck driver will be fine - it will be a large truck)

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
MY GLORIOUS RETURN.

It was hard. It was agony, every second away from you. To pass teh time, I had to actually do stuff, and go out to see people. I had to write, rather than talk about writing. I read about 7 books. I met people- real people- in pubs.

It was hell.

But it's over now. I can comfortably esconce myself in your bosom once again My quest is over.

I promise never to leave again, at least until I move house.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
09898.gif