• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta swap for my 80,000 word paranormal needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliatheswede

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to swap manuscripts--or first few chapters--with someone who writes or at least enjoys YA and has a somewhat polished, completed (or almost completed) MS.
Or, if you only want to read, that's okay too of course...

Below is the pitch for my story:
[FONT=&quot]
When Murphy finds out that Cassie, queen bee of the Manhattan private school they both attend, has died in a car accident, she’s relieved. The girl who made the last year and a half of Murphy’s life pure hell can no longer bully her. Unfortunately, Cassie returns — in ghost form. Cassie needs Murphy to forgive her for having bullied her, or she’ll spend the next 50 years in hell to redeem herself before she can enter heaven.
[/FONT]
Murphy agrees to forgive Cassie— that is, if Cassie can make Murphy popular; maybe then Chase, the school hottie, will discover her. Getting what she wants, Murphy soon realizes the popular girls are evil and that Chase is a jerk. Per Cassie’s suggestion, Murphy turns to mysterious, handsome Dario instead, whom she starts dating.

Murphy is so grateful to Cassie for having encouraged her to be with Dario that she decides it’s time to forgive Cassie. But the second Cassie is gone things start falling apart, making Murphy think Cassie set her up to get the last laugh. Because not only is Dario mysterious for a reason—a very, very bad reason---but another ghost, who happens to know Cassie, comes after Murphy. And unless Murphy gives him what he wants, he’ll take her life.

I like contemporary, romance, sci-fi, dystopian, paranormal, literary, and light fantasy, but not high fantasy. For my story, I'm mainly looking for big things such as story flow, character consistency, plot holes and reader interest. Please PM and we can swap some chapters and see if we're a good match.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

juliatheswede

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping myself here... Am working with a couple awesome betas, but could use a couple more. FYI: My manuscript is quite clean--and even cleaner now that my most recent betas went through it.

Cece N

Half-way there, but need more time.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Julia, if you are still looking, I'm available. My YA edited upto chapter four plus prologue. Please let me know if you are interested.

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Hi Julia, if you are still looking to swap, I have a 78k YA paranormal that I'm querying now. If you pm me I'll send you the summary from my query so you can see if it's something you want to read. Take care,

Karen

Monica-Ann

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Julia, I'd love to swap manuscripts with you, if you're still looking for betas. I'm currently working on a YA paranormal romantic suspense novel. PM if you're interested. :)

juliatheswede

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping myself again. I can use a couple more betas to swap with. FYI: If I work with someone, I'm usually quick (couple of days turnaround for three chapters) and would appreciate the same in return. One of my current two betas, though wonderful, is very busy at work, so it's not quite working out.

Pipedreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Julia

If you're still in need of a few more eyes to give your script a look over I'd be happy to help. PM me if you're still interested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.