PDA

View Full Version : The Rising-Contemporary YA 42K

c.tyler
08-22-2011, 12:43 AM
My first Beta has been a no-show after 2 months. Hopefully I will have better luck here. Here is a brief description:

Lucas Milani, a high school senior, fumbles with love as his summer is torn apart after the end of World War III. The Zihorians are the victors and seek world domination under Rashid Hadad. As the U.S. government collapses, Rashid steps in to rule the nation. When Lucas joins a group of rebels, he becomes involved with Tara, a young leader of the Resistance. As they venture out forming Resistance cells, they encounter groups struggling under the tyrantís iron fist.

I am willing to swap ms but only able to read on weekends (so it may take a few weeks). I will take any type of critique and please be harsh. This is my first work and it needs to be polished. PM or reply if interested.

NiaR
08-25-2011, 05:54 AM
So is this more of a dystopian novel? Or more of a YA thriller?

c.tyler
08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
It's a thriller that leads into dystopian. Unlike The Hunger Games and Divergent where it starts out in a dystopian state, this shows the fall into it. I can send sample chapters if you want to check it out.