PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Jason Momoa is a

BunnyMaz
08-21-2011, 07:00 AM
dick.

I'm kind of really feeling let down by how much of an entitled, egotistical dick he's turning out to be.

Suddenly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less sexy.

http://www.themarysue.com/jason-momoa-game-of-thrones-season-2/

LOG
08-21-2011, 08:23 AM
While itís great, even natural, to see an actor want to take his characters further (especially if their character is on a very good show and ends up dying in the first season), it seems ó just a teensy little bit ó that Momoa is overstepping his bounds just a tad. And while itís true that some series deviate from the books on which they are based ó a good example is True Blood ó maybe itís not that cool to assume that a guy who plays a secondary character, albeit a popular one, is the right person to decide if his character is going to be brought back from the dead.
Sums it up for me.

maxmordon
08-21-2011, 08:38 AM
If by any chance of the seven hells this happens, I want Sean Bean back a la Hamlet's dad...

mmm...

Game of Thrones as Hamlet...

Robb Stark - Hamlet
Catelyn Tully - Gertrude. Hamlet's mom.
Littlefinger - Claudius
Jon Snow - Laertes
Lord Walder - Polonius
Lord Walder's daughter - Ophelia
Theon Greyjoy - Horatio
Tyrion, Yoren - Gravediggers

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
08-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I guess I can see "dick"-ishness at work. But honestly, it came across to me as equal parts egotist and overzealous fanboy (half of which I can only admire).

Parametric
08-21-2011, 01:37 PM
This doesn't bother me. Obviously his character can't be full-on resurrected without really screwing with the story, but dead characters recur in flashbacks and dream sequences and visions all the time.

BunnyMaz
08-21-2011, 05:14 PM
It's more that, he's read only one of the books in the GoT series, and he's submitting chapters to try and insert himself back in to a plot that is now six books ahead of him, without even checking out what's happening now for the characters he interacted with.

ChaosTitan
08-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I can imagine that, given the mainstream popularity of AGOT, Momoa probably wants to keep riding the wave. All he said was that he was giving the producers ideas, not that the producers were doing anything beyond humoring him. And without proper context for the conversation from which the quote about those scenes was lifted, we don't know if he was serious or joking with the reporter.

*shrug*

Actors have acted worse.

thothguard51
08-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow, the guy just does not get it...

Yes, his character was somewhat popular, but only because of his relationship with Dani. Dani is the lead in their story.

I think it would have been interesting had Drago not died, but then, how would the dragons have been hatched? How would Dani have grown?

I read he is also writing new scripts for a Conan follow up. I wonder if he has permission from Howard's estate?

I agree with the article, he should write something new and original, with his own world and characters instead of sponging off other authors works.

Darkshore
08-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Sounded to me like he was sort of joking. At least I hope so, otherwise he's just going to embarrass his ego.

BunnyMaz
08-21-2011, 06:37 PM
The thing is though, it's also a real shame. He's just starred in a really popular and successful TV show and as the star of a movie which will probably get cult geek status. He could use these as a foundation for an awesome geek-hunk acting career. Instead he wants to self-insert fanfic a sequel to the Conan movie and rewrite George Martin's novels to fit himself back in.

shawkins
08-22-2011, 01:23 AM
I too popped an eyebrow when I heard he was going to be pitching his Conan II ideas, but I'm not getting the same vibe from him that you (BunnyMaz) are. I watched a couple of interviews he gave as part of the hype for Conan. To me he came across as friendly, excited and clueless rather than vacuous and self important. I was getting more of 100-lb.-slobbery-dog-that-wants-to-sit-in-your-lap kind of vibe, rather than an actual jerk.

Anyway, Conan tanked badly. I doubt that we'll be seeing his vision for the sequel go into production anytime soon. As for rewriting GoT, well...<polite laughter>.

dpaterso
08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
What, no "Stargate Atlantis: The Ronon Spin-Off Movie" ideas? Shame...

-Derek

Shadow_Ferret
08-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Guess I don't see any dickishness here. Just a guy who'd like to keep working a regular gig... moreso now that Conan flopped.

jennontheisland
08-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Something could happen. Drogo could have a twin. You never know!”

Considering a large portion of the GoT watching population hasn't read the books and has no idea that this isn't true, he's sure teasing the mantitty fangirls and boys.

And yeah, desperately hoping to be something other than a one hit wonder.