CreateSpace question: wholesale distribution channel for booksellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
I'm in the process of peddling my book to booksellers in my niche, and I've been asked where to go to obtain the book. I do have it listed in the broad distribution channels, but I have no way of seeing my listing in them.

I realize I could order the book and ship myself, but is there any way I can send a bookstore owner a link to a place where s/he can order wholesale direct?

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Does Createspace sell through amazon or one of those places? I thought they listed things on the main boards....?

ETA: Looking under your name on Amazon...I found it.

Last edited:

azbikergirl

I really do look like this.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fantasyauthor.blogspot.com
You could give your local bookstore the CreateSpace store URL and a coupon code, but I don't think that's truly wholesale price. They should be able to order your book from the same supplier they use for their other books.

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
You could give your local bookstore the CreateSpace store URL and a coupon code, but I don't think that's truly wholesale price. They should be able to order your book from the same supplier they use for their other books.

I did find where the "wholesale membership" site is, and the store has to register itself. As it turns out, this came up with a ... fringe sort is the polite term... who had never heard of Ingram's or Baker & Taylor.

BookFormatterJen

Does Createspace sell through amazon or one of those places? I thought they listed things on the main boards....?

ETA: Looking under your name on Amazon...I found it.

CreateSpace is an Amazon company so if you are publishing in CS, your book would be listed in Amazon. Aside from Amazon, you could have your own eStore for your book if you use CS as your platform in self-publishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.