Gotta do what I love!

bigmac2011

Registered
Reaction score
I am joining this forum in search of a creative outlet that may actually help me make some cash. Off and on for 3 years or so I had my own blog on blogger, which would eventually lead into my short stint of running my own website. Each time I wrote on the topics of news, politics, entertainment and pretty much anything that tickled my fancy, and I did so in much the same style as one may expect from George Carlin or Lewis Black within their stand up routines. Thanks to life changes I no longer have the time or patience to put in all the work that goes along with maintaining my own website, however, I still feel the need to write. If anyone has or knows of a website that may want someone that is opinionated and not afraid to use strong language when expressing their rage over the topics I listed above.... and knows that these sites are indeed willing to pay such an individual, please contact me through my inbox.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, bigmac2011. Take the time to read the Newbie guide, then park yourself at the humor forum, where you'll find kindred spirits.

Maryn, shaking hands

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to have you at AW - the markets for OpEd pieces are few and far between, and they don't pay as well as a person might expect. I've been doing free ones for friends sites because of the paucity of paying avenues, and because I write them regardless of there being a market.

Good luck. :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Omar08

Registered
Reaction score
Hi BigMac, I was inspired upon reading your instruction. I hope you can share some writing samples for us.