An Education

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
If you could go back to or could skip straight to college/university, what would you major in? Do you have more than one (or two, or three, or maybe even more) subjects that interest you? How did/would you decide which to choose?

There are so many things about my education that if I could go back and change it, I would in a heartbeat. For starters, I'd have gotten a degree in library science. Me, a librarian? Yes, please! To be a librarian requires a Masters in Library Science, can you believe it? At least, when I asked my local librarian, that's what she told me. If there are any librarians here, please tell us your story as to how you became one!

And then I would have gotten degrees in History, Linguistics, Economics, Literature/English, and Communication Design.

One lifetime isn't enough! If you could be a lifetime student (or do you even want to be?), what subjects would you pursue?

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'd continue my education in artificial intelligence into medicine or genomics! I actually got a disability myself since deciding on that, so I can't put in the hours necessary to work in that field :( C'est la vie.

I've been a student so many times I won an award for it at my 20-year high school reunion :ROFL: I really have to stop completely. I do ;)

I'm not listing what all I've studied till someone else does :D Fortunately, it doesn't sound so odd on this forum!

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I have a B.A. and M.A. in history. Wish I would've majored in English, instead -- seems like it would have been a lot more fun. If I ever win the lottery or hit the big-time, I'll go back to school and do the English thing.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
paleontology--a paleobotanist to be exact. my parents told me that classifying plant fossils was the stupidest thing they ever heard of and no one would ever pay me a salary to do it. they said i could either be a teacher or a nurse or forget college. i hate blood worse than kids so here i am, a high school teacher. i do like teenagers though; an acquired taste--s6

Last edited:

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a BA in psychology. I have enough hours for a BA in history and another in anthropology. I have the hours for a BS in accounting. I *almost* got a Master's in accounting, then I burned out, two classes short.

I've been doing accounting for almost 40 years, and am coming up on my 30 year anniversary as a CPA.

If I had it to do over, I think I would be a history professor.

MM