Need advice on a harlequin submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetiredmama

My Mini Me
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I need advice on a full manuscript that Harlequin is reading.

I submitted it last October. In late April they asked for the full. For a few different reasons, I had to call their office to ask a question before I sent it in. I ended up talking with one of the editors, who said to email it to her, and that she'd read it in a week since I'd been waiting so long. (She was really nice and not bothered that I called.)

Then a month passed, and I didn't hear anything. So I emailed the editor to inquire if she had in fact received it. (You never know with emails, especially my super-fun yahoo account.) She did not get back to me.

I waited another month. I called her and left a voice mail message, asking again, to please confirm that she got it, either by calling back or emailing me. She didn't contact me.

Now it's been 4 months since we talked (when she told me she'd need a week to read it.) So, what does a girl do now? Thanks for any advice or suggestions. Lisa

mlhernandez

Registered
Reaction score
I have no advice but I'm in a similar boat. I did the Fast Track for the Medical line in August 2010. I had a request for a partial. Got a request for the full with some rewrites/revisions based on an issue in the synopsis. Sent that in October 2010...and have heard zip since. I did a status query at 6 months and nothing.

I've written off the submission and moved on. I've got deadlines, short stories and novellas to write for erotica/erotic romance pen name so I don't have time to chase down editors. Sad though. I put a lot of work into that manuscript...

onetiredmama

My Mini Me
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I would think that's worth a call. I think I might call again in a few weeks. I just can't imagine she didn't get my email and my voice mail. Maybe it slipped her mind to get in touch with me.

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
That sounds rather unprofessional to me. An email might get missed, a voice mail might go a-stray, but being outright ignored would really irritate me.

Do as girlyswot suggested and go to their boards and find Dee.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
If this helps any, they had my sub for a year. Six months into that year, the editor called me at work (I just about dropped my dentures), requested changes and resubmit. I did that. Heard nothing. Six months after I resubbed, I got a form R.

They're just slow -- I've heard this for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.