• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a writing buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I think that's the term I want to use.

My MG book is not yet complete, and I seem to be hitting snags in the "where's my motivation" department. So I think I'm not quite ready for a beta, but maybe a writing buddy would get my butt back in gear.

I would love to swap with someone who is familiar with MG books, and prefer to swap for another MG work.

I don't do too poorly on grammar and sentence structure, so I can offer help there. I try to keep my ms. as clean as possible as I go, but can tolerate some plot holes from others.

I mainly want opinions about plot, character development, ability to hold the reader's interest, those types of things.

Hopefully I haven't frightened everyone off already.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Do you live in a decent sized city?

There should be a local writers group you can join. The physical act of going to a writers group is great motivation. It also helps to "get out".

Call all the local bookstores, libraries, and universities and ask around. You can post a query on Craigs List "Community" section under "general".

I'm sure there is one in your neck of the woods.

good luck

Mel...

LauraAnnSwanson

Oracle of Poultry
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lauraannswanson.com
I know how you feel. I am looking for the same thing.
I joined the site www.ladieswhocritique.com yesterday but haven't actually found anyone to be a crit partner yet despite the title, lol.

I dgiharris gave me the same advice a week or so ago, and I plan on trying the library this week. You would think in the DC area there would be more writers wanting to find a friend. hmpfh!

Status
Not open for further replies.