PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Covers

Spy_on_the_Inside
08-13-2011, 09:43 PM
I am considering going with epublishing for a series I'm thinking of just because it's such a specific genre, I don't think I could find a publisher for it. And I've been looking up ebooks, and it seems like the best option.

But I do have a question reguarding covers. Even the ebooks seem to have lovely covers, but just how do they go about getting them? This is something that has me stumped, so can anyone lend some wisdom?

girlyswot
08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Are you looking for an epublisher or to self-publish in digital format? If you find an epublisher, they'll produce the covers for you. If you're self-publishing, there's a thread about cover design in the self-publishing forum.

MartinD
08-16-2011, 03:39 AM
It's fairly easy to find someone to design a cover for you, too, but it can be pricey. Joe Konrath's book guy was charging $300-500 a cover (and had a link on J. A. Konrath's site) but prices can go well north of that, too.

Cloud Eight
08-16-2011, 06:51 AM
I can recommend my cover designer, J. Simmons. His prices are not rock bottom, but they are competitive.

Good luck.

EnitaMeadows
08-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I am considering going with epublishing for a series I'm thinking of just because it's such a specific genre, I don't think I could find a publisher for it. And I've been looking up ebooks, and it seems like the best option.

But I do have a question reguarding covers. Even the ebooks seem to have lovely covers, but just how do they go about getting them? This is something that has me stumped, so can anyone lend some wisdom?

I'm currently running a cover art design business just for self-publishing authors, and since the company is new, the prices are VERY affordable. You can check samples of my work at the web link in my signature below, and judge for yourself whether you'd like to commission me to design a cover for you.

Whether you do or not, getting a book cover is as simple as that. Find an artist and have them make a cover for you, and then exchange payment (usually online, as I do) for the finished cover file.

veinglory
08-16-2011, 05:53 PM
You either Google or get recommendations for a cover artist. Prices start at around $50 plus costs.