PDA

View Full Version : The Procrastination & Pie Chart Game ...

HarryHoskins
08-13-2011, 01:37 AM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2118/capturekk.jpg

What have I been charting with the pie?

*Please note that the value for Z is not truly correct (It should read a nought point something.)

HarryHoskins
08-13-2011, 11:48 PM
The Z that is not listed did not, as far as I know, play for Chelsea.

Max Vaehling
08-14-2011, 12:15 AM

Plans that went wrong?

HarryHoskins
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Nope. The statistical data for that would've taken fifteen super computers at least thirty-one years to compile.

Y no X, U might wonder.

writerterri
08-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Heavy whipping cream + vanilla+ sugar+ hand mixer= fluffy goodness.

Now, where's the pie!

HarryHoskins
08-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Mmmmm, tasty - but I think you'd need another twenty-two ingredients to claim the pie.

writerterri
08-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Mmmmm, tasty - but I think you'd need another twenty-two ingredients to claim the pie.

Oh, sure and I suppose you want me to eat for you too. :tongue

HarryHoskins
08-14-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm afraid, Terri, that the rules prohibit me from both entering this contest myself or mentioning whether I would garner any satisfaction from your eating it. Therefore, you would have to win the pie (or have another winner bequeath it to you) for you to eat it.

That said, I suppose you could steal the pie when I wasn't looking - but I would in no way condone this course of action (even though it is a very tasty pie).

Perhaps a successful attempt to claim the pie would do well to think about what a procrastinator would do if left to his or her own devices in his or her own living room with only a variety of voices that can't speak for company.

KellyAssauer
08-14-2011, 04:53 AM

Percent chance of my rolling my eyes, groaning, and ignoring Cray's last post during a fortnight? :D

HarryHoskins
08-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Percent chance of my rolling my eyes, groaning, and ignoring Cray's last post during a fortnight? :D

Are you suggesting that the pie is split into 26 different types of eye rolling in response to a Cray type maneuver?

For example the ...

*Oh Cray

*Oh Cray, Really!

*Oh, Cray, not that old chestnut roasting on the open fire.

*Oh, Cray, I would prefer if you - oh, you did - full roll and then a double half twist roll for emphasis.

If this is the case then I am afraid you're not a winner as try as I might, I have not been able to get Cray into my living room.

Perhaps one, who seeks to win the pie chart crown, would do well to think about things that can be consumed but are not, quite, alphabetti spaghetti.

HarryHoskins
08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
The winner of this pie might like to know that whilst not all of the people involved in this chart are familiar with the law or luggage, all are currently in a case.

flea23
08-15-2011, 12:11 AM
There is only one possibility as far as I can fathom. having no one else to quote, I quote myself in my best Sherlock tome (this is not a typo, this is the result of having to shout) of voice:

"The pie represents the United States and it's letters, how they are used in the fer um around here. (I ain't agin 'em, I'm fer um). If you notice the preponderance of the A's and B's you will see that there is a preponderance there. The almost total absence of I, is a correct usage in the literary sense. I should be in the background. The Z represents the lack of sleep that a writer gets when he worries about the craft."

Now the flea is very tired. If the solvement of the puzzle (pie chart) is incorrect, it is because the pie chart is incorrect. My solution is correct for the appropriate pie chart, as soon as I find it.

HarryHoskins
08-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Apologies for the tardy reply, I had to nip out to steal a hat so I could tip it to a most elegant (but erroneous) solution. Unfortunately, due to the time travel rule, although flea's solution is both marvelous and correct in relation to his own juicy pie; it is, unfortunately, not enough to win the day with the current (mostly raisins) pie.

So. The pie still stands unclaimed.

Perhaps a future champion - let me rephrase to avoid time travel complications. Perhaps the winner of this current game might do well to peregrinate along avenue of thought involving noble, and perhaps, even knighted names.

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 12:10 AM
This pie is a little Tartt, but not too Tartt - only 0.32 percent to be accurate.

CACTUSWENDY
08-16-2011, 12:32 AM
The percent of times a letter is used......? Frequency?

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 01:12 AM
The percent of times a letter is used......? Frequency?

Oh, you're getting close, Wendy. It is something to do with the amount of times that particular letters of the alphabet crop up.

But what do the letters stand for and in what field has the data between taken from?

One might be helped by looking at ones own walls if one is the type of person who might have things on their walls.

Button
08-16-2011, 02:47 AM
It's the pie chart of how many times you've used a certain letter in your latest novel, poem, blog, articles or all the posts you've posted here at AW.

I want to vote novels because they are prettier. ;)

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 02:58 AM
It's the pie chart of how many times you've used a certain letter in your latest novel, poem, blog, articles or all the posts you've posted here at AW.

I want to vote novels because they are prettier. ;)

You do well to vote novels (and not just because everything else I write is as ugly as the thing attached to the front of me head), however, whilst you are on the right lines (the pie can almost feel your perfumed breath upon it) you are not, yet, right.

A person engaging in an attempt to handle the pie might consider that (apart from data collection) I have had no fingers in it.

Psychomacologist
08-16-2011, 03:09 AM
The number of times those letters appear in that picture that is your avatar?

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 03:17 AM
The number of times those letters appear in that picture that is your avatar?

Nope, looks like finger has pointed you in the wrong direction. It is very definitely not pointed at me or my avatar.

Though saying that ...

... one could suggest that if an avatar paints a thousand words then it might well take sixty-two thousand, one hundred avatars to provide the field that the data for the juicy pie has been taken from.

CACTUSWENDY
08-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Sorry....my walls are pretty bare. Sigh.

:poke:

Psychomacologist
08-16-2011, 03:27 AM
... one could suggest that if an avatar paints a thousand words then it might well take sixty-two thousand, one hundred avatars to provide the field that the data for the juicy pie has been taken from.
It's taken from something 62.1 million words long? That's on your walls?

Your bookcase?

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 03:37 AM
It's taken from something 62.1 million words long? That's on your walls?

Your bookcase?

Oh, now we are cooking! The pie is positively putting itself on a plate and getting out the serving spoons!

But not quite yet have you won.

Psychomacologist
08-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Oh, now we are cooking! The pie is positively putting itself on a plate and getting out the serving spoons!

But not quite yet have you won.
The piechart represents frequency of letters used in the titles of books on your bookshelf? Or the names of authors?

Cliff Face
08-16-2011, 03:46 AM
I was going to guess "The percentage of AWers with user names starting with those letters."

But now I'm not so sure...

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 03:57 AM
The piechart represents frequency of letters used in the titles of books on your bookshelf? Or the names of authors?

:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

WINNER!!!!

It was, indeed, the percentage spread of authors in my bookcase by surname initial. You can see where the procrastination part of the game comes in, eh. :)

Congratulations to Psychomacologist in her dogged pursuit of the truth! The pie is yours to do with what you will and you may always bask in the glory of being the first winner of the procrastination and pie chart game.

Now, the baton is handed to your goodself, you may either create your own pie for guessing or you can throw it open for another member to set one.

Or, of course, you can (as inaugural winner) say this was the first and last game and remain champion forever.

Up to you, champ. :)

Psychomacologist
08-16-2011, 04:35 AM

WINNER!!!!

It was, indeed, the percentage spread of authors in my bookcase by surname initial. You can see where the procrastination part of the game comes in, eh. :)

Congratulations to Psychomacologist in her dogged pursuit of the truth! The pie is yours to do with what you will and you may always bask in the glory of being the first winner of the procrastination and pie chart game.

Now, the baton is handed to your goodself, you may either create your own pie for guessing or you can throw it open for another member to set one.

Or, of course, you can (as inaugural winner) say this was the first and last game and remain champion forever.

Up to you, champ. :)
Yaaaayyy!!! *eats pie*

Okay, I'm going to make a pie chart of my own and carry on the game! *goes away to do statistics*

Psychomacologist
08-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Okay here it is:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/296623_10150259293026292_603331291_8012729_2043127 _n.jpg
I ask you AWers - what does this graph represent?

Cliff Face
08-16-2011, 09:52 AM
What is found in an art book you own?

Psychomacologist
08-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Nope it's not an art book...

HarryHoskins
08-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Could it be images seen during a televisual commercial break?

Psychomacologist
08-17-2011, 01:11 AM
Nope, but they are images. But where did I see these images?

HarryHoskins
08-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Ah, I notice the flag of Pakistan in there so I talk a punt at images contained within a photo album documenting a trip to Pakistan?

Psychomacologist
08-18-2011, 02:30 AM
No, it's not a holiday album. But I do have several Pakistani friends.

Mharvey
08-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Obviously this:

1. Letters of the Alphabet.
2. Pie Chart.
3. Clean Pair of Underwear
4. A cool beverage.
5. ???
6. Profit.

Psychomacologist
08-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Obviously this:

1. Letters of the Alphabet.
2. Pie Chart.
3. Clean Pair of Underwear
4. A cool beverage.
5. ???
6. Profit.
You're close. BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH. *strokes white cat and looks evil*

HarryHoskins
08-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Perhaps the avatars of people you are friends with on a social networking site?

Psychomacologist
08-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Perhaps the avatars of people you are friends with on a social networking site?
DING DING DING DING DING!!!
:TheWave:
WINNER!!
:TheWave:

This is, in fact, a pie chart of my friends' profile pictures on Facebook. On inspection, it appears that I have some very odd friends...

So who's up next to make a pie for the pie game? Harry, you want to do another one?

HarryHoskins
08-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Woo-hoo! It's good to be a winner! (Doesn't often happen)

I'll throw it open to whoever fancies setting the next pie. :)