The Procrastination & Pie Chart Game ...

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
capturekk.jpg

What have I been charting with the pie?

*Please note that the value for Z is not truly correct (It should read a nought point something.)

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Z that is not listed did not, as far as I know, play for Chelsea.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. The statistical data for that would've taken fifteen super computers at least thirty-one years to compile.

Y no X, U might wonder.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmmm, tasty - but I think you'd need another twenty-two ingredients to claim the pie.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid, Terri, that the rules prohibit me from both entering this contest myself or mentioning whether I would garner any satisfaction from your eating it. Therefore, you would have to win the pie (or have another winner bequeath it to you) for you to eat it.

That said, I suppose you could steal the pie when I wasn't looking - but I would in no way condone this course of action (even though it is a very tasty pie).

Perhaps a successful attempt to claim the pie would do well to think about what a procrastinator would do if left to his or her own devices in his or her own living room with only a variety of voices that can't speak for company.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Percent chance of my rolling my eyes, groaning, and ignoring Cray's last post during a fortnight? :D

Are you suggesting that the pie is split into 26 different types of eye rolling in response to a Cray type maneuver?

For example the ...

*Oh Cray

*Oh Cray, Really!

*Oh, Cray, not that old chestnut roasting on the open fire.

*Oh, Cray, I would prefer if you - oh, you did - full roll and then a double half twist roll for emphasis.

If this is the case then I am afraid you're not a winner as try as I might, I have not been able to get Cray into my living room.

Perhaps one, who seeks to win the pie chart crown, would do well to think about things that can be consumed but are not, quite, alphabetti spaghetti.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The winner of this pie might like to know that whilst not all of the people involved in this chart are familiar with the law or luggage, all are currently in a case.

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
There is only one possibility as far as I can fathom. having no one else to quote, I quote myself in my best Sherlock tome (this is not a typo, this is the result of having to shout) of voice:

"The pie represents the United States and it's letters, how they are used in the fer um around here. (I ain't agin 'em, I'm fer um). If you notice the preponderance of the A's and B's you will see that there is a preponderance there. The almost total absence of I, is a correct usage in the literary sense. I should be in the background. The Z represents the lack of sleep that a writer gets when he worries about the craft."

Now the flea is very tired. If the solvement of the puzzle (pie chart) is incorrect, it is because the pie chart is incorrect. My solution is correct for the appropriate pie chart, as soon as I find it.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apologies for the tardy reply, I had to nip out to steal a hat so I could tip it to a most elegant (but erroneous) solution. Unfortunately, due to the time travel rule, although flea's solution is both marvelous and correct in relation to his own juicy pie; it is, unfortunately, not enough to win the day with the current (mostly raisins) pie.

So. The pie still stands unclaimed.

Perhaps a future champion - let me rephrase to avoid time travel complications. Perhaps the winner of this current game might do well to peregrinate along avenue of thought involving noble, and perhaps, even knighted names.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This pie is a little Tartt, but not too Tartt - only 0.32 percent to be accurate.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
The percent of times a letter is used......? Frequency?

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The percent of times a letter is used......? Frequency?

Oh, you're getting close, Wendy. It is something to do with the amount of times that particular letters of the alphabet crop up.

But what do the letters stand for and in what field has the data between taken from?

One might be helped by looking at ones own walls if one is the type of person who might have things on their walls.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
It's the pie chart of how many times you've used a certain letter in your latest novel, poem, blog, articles or all the posts you've posted here at AW.

I want to vote novels because they are prettier. ;)

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the pie chart of how many times you've used a certain letter in your latest novel, poem, blog, articles or all the posts you've posted here at AW.

I want to vote novels because they are prettier. ;)

You do well to vote novels (and not just because everything else I write is as ugly as the thing attached to the front of me head), however, whilst you are on the right lines (the pie can almost feel your perfumed breath upon it) you are not, yet, right.

A person engaging in an attempt to handle the pie might consider that (apart from data collection) I have had no fingers in it.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The number of times those letters appear in that picture that is your avatar?

Nope, looks like finger has pointed you in the wrong direction. It is very definitely not pointed at me or my avatar.

Though saying that ...

... one could suggest that if an avatar paints a thousand words then it might well take sixty-two thousand, one hundred avatars to provide the field that the data for the juicy pie has been taken from.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry....my walls are pretty bare. Sigh.

:poke:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
... one could suggest that if an avatar paints a thousand words then it might well take sixty-two thousand, one hundred avatars to provide the field that the data for the juicy pie has been taken from.
It's taken from something 62.1 million words long? That's on your walls?

Your bookcase?

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's taken from something 62.1 million words long? That's on your walls?

Your bookcase?

Oh, now we are cooking! The pie is positively putting itself on a plate and getting out the serving spoons!

But not quite yet have you won.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, now we are cooking! The pie is positively putting itself on a plate and getting out the serving spoons!

But not quite yet have you won.
The piechart represents frequency of letters used in the titles of books on your bookshelf? Or the names of authors?