• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA light sci-fi - Beta Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a beta reader (or two lol) to read the first draft of my YA sci-fi "The End World". It is about 50,000 word but I plan to extend it.

I am mostly looking for comments on the characters, emotions and the plot. I do not need a line edit (since I have yet to do that myself) but just an overall read so that I can fix the plotting issue with the second draft.

Below is the tentative query. Please PM me if interested. I will of course return the favor:

As a Spinner, Lana is meant to do one thing: following orders. She joined The Program, the rebuilding project of a devastated parallel Earth, to honor her father who died discovering The End World.

Her job description is simple: keep everyone safe, even if that means having to trank a survivor or two.

When she is sent to secretly kill one of the survivors’ leaders, Lana doesn’t know whether to follow her orders or show her leader her middle finger. It's not like killing in cold blood was on the job application.

When she helps the survivors and falls in love with one of them, she is scared out of her camouflage panties that she will be sent back home. But as she discovers that her father is alive and hiding amongst the survivors, she now has to choose between her loyalty to her world and the loyalty to her father.

THE END WORLD is a .....

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
Still looking. Anyone out there?

Tedashii

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I'm interested. I'll give you my email and you can send it chapter by chapter.

You don't need to format it.

E.G. Subject Line - End World- Chapter 1

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
I would settle for the first three chapters...::turns on the puppy eyes::

heidirebecca

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I'll give it a look! It actually sounds like we have a similar thread running through our stories! :)

[email protected] is me, shoot me over whatever you like. I can give feedback pretty quick. Helps if you have specific questions but if not I can create my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.