• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Horror/Dark Fantasy Short Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckahrah

I believe you have my stapler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckah-rah.blogspot.com
I have a short horror/dark fantasy story (about 4,700 words) that nobody's read but me. I'd like to do a swap or two, if anyone's interested, before I embarrass myself in front of the ezine community at large. ;)

I read horror, fantasy, and some sci-fi. NO YA or MG, please

Or you can just read it comment if you have nothing to trade, I'm not picky.

It's called "Longboat." Here is the opening, so you can get a bit of a feel for my writing:

[FONT=&quot]Two glittering specks hover over the bow of my longboat, like moonlight reflecting in dark glass. I tell myself they are dim stars, or lamplight from the sinking brigantine some fifty yards ahead. I can almost believe it. Until they blink.[/FONT]

Those flecks are not stars. They are not candlelight reflected on the water. They are the wet and watchful eyes of whatever monster brought us to this lightless world.

I am the only one left alive.

Any takers?

Last edited:

Ambitious

I would like to proof read somebody else's work so I can compare their style of writing to mine. I'd be happy to read yours over and offer feedback but I can't really do a swap seeing as the story I'm working on is 70000 words and of a complete different genre. But send me a private message if you want me as a proof reader

Wolfdreamer25

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to be one, and you can read my horror short story that is 5,401 words. I need to get someone else to read, and I will look at yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.