PDA

View Full Version : Horror/Dark Fantasy Short Story

beckahrah
08-11-2011, 12:47 AM
I have a short horror/dark fantasy story (about 4,700 words) that nobody's read but me. I'd like to do a swap or two, if anyone's interested, before I embarrass myself in front of the ezine community at large. ;)

I read horror, fantasy, and some sci-fi. NO YA or MG, please

Or you can just read it comment if you have nothing to trade, I'm not picky.

It's called "Longboat." Here is the opening, so you can get a bit of a feel for my writing:

Two glittering specks hover over the bow of my longboat, like moonlight reflecting in dark glass. I tell myself they are dim stars, or lamplight from the sinking brigantine some fifty yards ahead. I can almost believe it. Until they blink.

Those flecks are not stars. They are not candlelight reflected on the water. They are the wet and watchful eyes of whatever monster brought us to this lightless world.

I am the only one left alive.

Any takers?

quicklime
08-11-2011, 05:50 AM
pm me if you like.....

Ambitious
08-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I would like to proof read somebody else's work so I can compare their style of writing to mine. I'd be happy to read yours over and offer feedback but I can't really do a swap seeing as the story I'm working on is 70000 words and of a complete different genre. But send me a private message if you want me as a proof reader

Wolfdreamer25
08-13-2011, 01:14 AM
I would like to be one, and you can read my horror short story that is 5,401 words. I need to get someone else to read, and I will look at yours.

carljansson
08-13-2011, 01:35 AM
I would love to read it! Hopefully, if it needs it, I can give a fresh perspective. Feel free to PM me.

- C!

beckahrah
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Well. Most of my Betas seem to have vanished from the internet. Any other takers?