PDA

View Full Version : EYE C U

Undercover
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
How's your eyes? Wear glasses or contacts? Have any eye problems? Do you ever need to wear sun-glasses even in the winter because if you don't you'll go blind?

A few weeks ago I wore my contacts till they were so bad when I took them out, I ripped a thin layer of my eye off. I woke in the middle of the night and it was excruciating! Couldn't open them, couldn't close them and couldn't focus with all the tearing. Then they blew up like golfballs and sealed shut for half a day...it was truly scary! I never prayed so hard in my life! lol

Anyways...going to the eye doc today too! YAY Mama won't hafta wear her glasses all the time anymore! 3-2-1 Contact (time) hehe. I am going to get both glasses and contacts tho so I don't rip off a layer of my eye again like I did last time to put me in this perdicament. And I promise to be a good girl and take em out every night before sleepy time.

SO I got my eye on you! haha...
How's your eyes doing?

Cella
08-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I have terrible vision. I'd love to get Lasik done at some point so I don't have to mess with either...at least for a while :)

Sorry about your eyes, Lisa! That is scary!

Undercover
08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks Cella, I thought about Lasik too, but it's too darn expensive and I think they work on only one eye at a time till it heals. So you'd be walking around seeing out of one eye and not the other.

I hear ya girlie, poor vision sucks royal. Especially when they are so important to a writer. If I ever lose my vision as a writer, I may lose vision of the whole story itself, ya know what I mean?

Thanks for coming by.

SinisterCola
08-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I suffer from nearsightedness ever since late elementary school. Been wearing glasses every since.

Tried contacts but I'm just so squeamish at the thought of poking my eye haha.

(and after reading your story, now I'm like 99.999999% afraid to use contacts lol)

Button
08-09-2011, 06:03 PM
I've got 30 day contacts that I take out to rinse on occasion and haven't had a problem with them yet. :) Best things ever.

Undercover
08-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I know I was being brutally bad. Couldn't afford new ones so I wore them out, literally until I couldn't see no more. haha

Definitely learned my lesson, that's for sure.

CaroGirl
08-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks Cella, I thought about Lasik too, but it's too darn expensive and I think they work on only one eye at a time till it heals. So you'd be walking around seeing out of one eye and not the other.
This is a misconception. Yes, they do work on one eye at a time, but you can see out of the corrected eye straight away and the vision only improves with healing. Healing is very quick.

Talk to a professional about the procedure to dispel any myths about it. (There's also zero risk of blindness and complications are generally minimal.)

I had 20/20 vision up until this past spring. Now I use reading glasses. Thankfully, I have a common prescription (+1.25) and it's the same in both eyes, so I can buy the cheap drugstore glasses. They're fugly but they work.

Undercover
08-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks Caro, for the tip! Going to the eye doc today and will mention it. I really would like to have it done too. Maybe someday when we're in a better place with our finances.

Jess Haines
08-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I wear contacts. I've been fanatical about taking them out every night ever since I started using them (late 90's). I think I've left them on overnight a grand total of 3 times.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your eye. Yeowch! Hope the doc can do something about it. :(