Resources for comic book writers and graphic novelists

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for including comic books and graphic novels, Jenna. I began my writing career in comics and moved on to novels and short stories. I've been thinking of going back to comic books because they're so darned enjoyable. When I was working in comics, they were thought of as the "red headed stepchild" of the creative world - glad to see they're entering the mainstream a little.

Dave A. Law

Registered
Reaction score

E.G. Gammon

Registered
Reaction score
Dave A. Law said:
Cool, I started out very much the same way and there is a part of me that wants to get back into comic book writing again too. Though, I still maintain a mailing list for comic creators http://groups.yahoo.com/group/creating_comics/) and a related resource site (http://www.members.shaw.ca/creatingcomics/). If only there were more hours in the day...

- Dave

Wow, welcome to the boards Dave. I'm the moderator of this new forum, and I've been compiling a list of Comic Writers' resources - offline - for the past few weeks (planning to post a sticky thread soon) and your website was one I starred, intending to post it near the top. It's fantastic. I'm glad you are here and I hope you post here often, once the forum starts to gain some popularity.

E.G.

Dave A. Law

Registered
Reaction score
E.G. Gammon said:
Wow, welcome to the boards Dave. I'm the moderator of this new forum, and I've been compiling a list of Comic Writers' resources - offline - for the past few weeks (planning to post a sticky thread soon) and your website was one I starred, intending to post it near the top. It's fantastic. I'm glad you are here and I hope you post here often, once the forum starts to gain some popularity.

E.G.

Thanks. I hope to drop in here from time to time to see what discussions are going on.

- Dave

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Reformed self-publisher here.

I used to self-publish back in the early 90s, but have been looking for opportunities to get some writing gigs here and there. Had a few chances, but nothing wound up coming out of them (four books I wrote all got cancelled before my story came out. I was beginning to feel like Jonah there for a bit.)

I used my first novel paycheck to publish a one-shot comic that I took to SDCC and Dragon-Con. I've gotten some good, useful feedback on them, but the odd part is, I've got a chance to pitch for a fantasy novel based on my comic. Keeping the fingers crossed there.

I write novels to make money, so I can do comics and lose money. :Hammer:

Sparhawk

Jenna's Cabana Boy
Registered
Reaction score
This is great !!

Jenna,

my 17 year old son actually makes his own comics and puts them on-line and in his high school newspaper. He wants to get into the comic book business when he graduates from art school. I can't wait to point him to AW. Then you'll have TWO Sparhawks running around the place.

Lady_RyuuXX87

Promoted to Head Genius!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, excellent! :D Yay!! There is a place for me here! nyahahaha
smilehooray.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.