PDA

View Full Version : Got one who accepted my query!

jcdelatorre
11-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Background (for those who haven't seen my other thread):
Well, after getting my book published through my own label (Luna Brillante Publishing via Lulu Press) to test the waters and see if the public liked my work I was bouyed by several great reviews of my novel, great response from readers, and suprisingly decent sales considering my shoe string marketing budget.

I decided it was time to see what this book could really do - so I was off to find an agent. I've been studying the process for awhile and I understood that finding an agent would be a very tall order but I hoped I could entice them with tales of my reviews and sales.

Well, I guess that's encouraging. :Clap: Larsen/Pomada sent me the following -

Please do send a copy of the book, along with reviews and bio, SASE & phone #.

While that's definitely not full acceptance at least it shows me I have a decent query letter. Of course I could get a SASE in a couple weeks saying I suck...but hey, you never know. I'm not getting my hopes too high though.

Now...what goes in a bio? I think the one I put in my book were just a few sentences about me, no real detail. Do they want that or something detailed? Life story? Anyone know?

Thanks,

JC

Jamesaritchie
11-12-2005, 04:15 AM

While that's definitely not full acceptance at least it shows me I have a decent query letter. Of course I could get a SASE in a couple weeks saying I suck...but hey, you never know. I'm not getting my hopes too high though.

Now...what goes in a bio? I think the one I put in my book were just a few sentences about me, no real detail. Do they want that or something detailed? Life story? Anyone know?

Thanks,

JC

This is a very good thing. And a rare one.

What they want in a bio is as varied as possible. Just tell them about yourself, and anyting that "qualifies" you to write the kind of book you did can be a big plus.

arrowqueen
11-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Wonderful news. Good luck - and what James said.

Celia Cyanide
11-12-2005, 04:43 AM
congratulations!

huggy4ever
11-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Thanks,

JC

Congrats! :-)

Good Work! :)

aruna
11-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Well done! And good luck!