POD printing company for photobook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitum

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a printing/distribution fulfillment company for photobook/coffeetable books.

I've been using Lightning Source to print and distribute novels and have been very happy with their service. I'm able to do all design/formatting work and only need the minimum service for print and distribution.

For this photobook/coffee table book that I am publishing, I want to find the same kind of service POD. Unfortunately, Lightning Source quality for photobooks are very good and neither is CreateSpace. The book features high quality photography so the paper and print quality needs to match. Ideally on coated 100 or 120 gram stock paper with full bleed, hard cover, with a 8x10 trim.

I'v looked at lulu and blurb, but they are very expensive and their distribution is not nearly as good as Lightning Source.

Anyone got any ideas?
Jason

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a printing/distribution fulfillment company for photobook/coffeetable books. . . .
Alas, for a reasonable price per copy, you probably have to have printing done in China. That does not help with distribution or fulfillment, of course. You might want to contact Tim Flynn for ideas. He works with printers in China.

--Ken

Infinitum

Registered
Reaction score
thanks for the responses. I was afraid that there aren't many options. If I have it printed in China, how do you guys recommend me going about getting distribution/fulfillment?

The issue is that the author is in Australia, we are the independent publishers based out of UK, and target customers will be in the US.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.