The Backwards Story Game

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Okay if this has been done before, remove, if not...and you're interested in playing, then YAY!

I'll start a story, you can add to it as much or as little as you like...

Let's start shall we?

------------------------------------------

Cindy was a small girl for her age. At seventeen she only stood at 4'11 with a frail 94 pound frame, when she went to...

your turn.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
There are already several "add to the story" threads here. Perhaps you want to make this one unique, somehow?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Sure...sounds like a plan. I thought that might be the case, that's why I mentioned it above. Will hafta think harder...

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps look at the other similar threads, then do something different?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
haha...that sounds cool, so how do we do it, from end to begining? or like this: Time a upon once? lol

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aha! You have identified the flaw in my plan. :)

Now if I could only remember how Martin Amis did it in Times Arrow.

I think, perhaps, that each person should write a scene starting from the end of our plucky hero/heroine/villain/vilenesses life, but from death to birth rather than tother way around.

So, whoever starts writes the death scene of the main character. The next poster writes the scene before that and so on and so forth until the M/C gets born and the story ends.

Anyone who actually understands what I said (because I sure as hell don't) wanna have a go?

The scenes are all forward but they start from the end of the characters life and work back to his birth. :)

I'll kick things off with ...

THE END

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Harry, that's cheating. :D

pyrosama

Pyrosama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
matrix-hole.blogspot.com
Detective Jenkins reached for his pen with a heavy heart. Everything had been cleared from his desk. He noted that Valerie had even removed the post it notes from his tatter board. It was time to go home to Sarah. Dinner was waiting.

He penned his name quickly and dotted the end of his signature with a slight smirk on his face. Case closed.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
All righty, this game is on.

I'll add one more rule, well two more:

1) include the previous portion of the story in your post. Your entry should be in bold, and subsequent entries remove that bolding and bold the new stuff.

And 2) when the word count reaches ... um ... 900, start thinking of a beginning, cuz we start all over after word count surpasses 1000.

Okay?

My entry:

Captain Bollard stalked out of the office, slamming the door behind him.

Detective Jenkins reached for his pen with a heavy heart. Everything had been cleared from his desk. He noted that Valerie had even removed the post it notes from his tatter board. It was time to go home to Sarah. Dinner was waiting.

He penned his name quickly and dotted the end of his signature with a slight smirk on his face. Case closed.

THE END

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
'Way I see it, Captain; you got two choices. Write me up for some creative case work and damage to public property or smile pretty when the Mayor comes knocking to give you the back slap for getting Henry Hurry back in jail.' Jenkins watched his superiors face burn, 'but right now, Sir, all you need think about is your exit from this goddamn room.'

Captain Bollard stalked out of the office, slamming the door behind him.

THE END