• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta (YA Supernatural Novel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyratepryncess

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a nearly completed (1 1/2 more chapters to go, I'm guessing) YA manuscript I would really appreciate a beta on. I am seeking for a beta who is passionate about my work and wants to read more of it, with a good sense of grammar, prose, and has ideas that they might suggest for me to take into consideration adding to my story. In essence, I don't want someone who just corrects my grammar and spelling (though they will do that as well) but who inspires and encourages me, who understands that my work is important to me and respects that my story is my story and they are not rewriting it but adding to it in order to help make it the best it can be. I want someone professional, who edits fast (perhaps a week a chapter?) and someone whom I can befriend.

I absolutely have no problem returning the favor, but I am only interested in reading YA or Chick Lit. This is the first time I've ever asked for a beta so any help you can give me, I'd greatly appreciate.

The story itself is YA Supernatural. Remy Cutler was once in Death's clutches, but managed to escape. When Death takes her back to The Underworld, she meets a charming pirate captain who offers her a place on his crew. At first, Remy refuses. She's an upstanding lady in society - why would she join a lowly pirate crew where she would be expected to wash dishes? And yet, she really doesn't have a choice, considering she's trapped down here and said pirate rescued her from another untimely death. However, Captain Nicholas Grey isn't just a pirate, but The Transporter. It's his job to transfer souls who are ready to pass on to their final resting place - either The Paradise (ruled by the mysterious Magistrate) or The Other World (ruled by Aleksander Normandy, probably the most handsome and dangerous specimen Remy has ever laid eyes on). But why are the souls currently occupying The Underworld staring at Remy? What is Aleksander's fascination with her? And why have the souls Nick is in charge of transporting to each World lessened?

Thank you so much for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.