I'M BACK

amyashley

Stunt-Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Still madly busy, but things are slowing down. My MacBook freaked and I thought I'd need some genius help from you guys. I ended up solving the issue, but I'm still back!

AW is too fantabulous a resource to pass up.

FWIW, I got word five months ago my husband was going to deploy again. He did not end up leaving. :hooray: Instead, he's commander for those left behind which is a HUGE job. The last few weeks have been tumultuous as his company has flown out and we've gotten our oldest registered for school. I'm putting the final touches on MOSTLY NORMAL too; it has just four chapters left for revision before I send it to my agent.

I'll be on sub by early September.

I have MISSED everyone! Been busy though.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful news about your husband! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad things are going so well for you---you deserve it.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wondered where you'd wandered off to. Nice to have a husband at home, crazy-busy or not, isn't it?

Maryn, smiling

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Amy. No, life never gets unbusy, and the older we get, the longer it takes to do things.

Good news your hubby gets some stateside duty, although training doesn't turn out to be much safer or saner than a combat zone.

amyashley

Stunt-Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Missed you, Maryn! Nice ass.

Chris, it's good to see you again.

Amy, thanks for all the good wishes. I've been grateful for those that followed me to facebook.

I'm so glad he's staying back, even though he'll be busy. It means next deployment we should have two kids out of three in school at the least. Obviously, I'd love NO more deployments, but planning for the worst is always a good idea. My father just finished his seventh a few months ago, so we try to be realistic.

I'll have a surgery coming sometime this fall, so I'm extra-uber grateful to have him here.

Good to be back on AW though... Will be plunging back into my serial killer mermaid book in a few weeks. Probably more research. You guys remember the one. Bronzing dead bodies and all.

amyashley

Stunt-Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Chase, good to hear from you again as well. You'd be amazed at how much Mama Vamp has changed.