PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Broke My Pinky Toe...

Lavern08
08-01-2011, 08:10 PM
...again!

Got up in the middle of the night to go tinkle.

Didn't want to turn the light on, because then I'd wake completely up and prolly wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

Whacked my (left) foot on the edge of the bed.

DANG! Talk about excruciating pain. :cry:

Foot swollen - pinky toe dangling and throbbing now.

Button
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Wonder Woman doesn't break pinkie toes.

Wonder Woman's pinkie toe breaks the bed. ;)

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/c/cute_band_aid-2833.jpg

stormie
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Ouch! Been there, done that. Same toe and same way, too. And there's nothing anyone can do for it. :cry:(Maybe tape it to the other tootsies....)
So,
take some ibuprofen, a cup of tea,
and here's a hug
to you from me! :Hug2:

Ari Meermans
08-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Aw, I'm sorry. That is painful.

p.s. I say "prolly" all atime.

Leah J. Utas
08-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Ow. Poor you. No advice. Just sympathy.

DeleyanLee
08-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a good bet you did. {{hugs}} Nothing much to do but split it to another toe, wear loose shoes and take something for whatever pain there is. Not much sense in going to the doctor, since they'll just do the same thing for you and charge you too much for the effort.

Be careful with your balance in the meantime. Pinkie toes are a big part of your balance.

MacAllister
08-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Ice, ibuprofen, elevation as you can manage, and yep--splint it to the next toe over. :( Sorry 'bout your toe, though.

alleycat
08-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I guess our date to go ballroom dancing is off.

Lavern08
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I guess our date to go ballroom dancing is off.

Ehhh,

You wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway - I always take the lead. ;)

Maryn
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
RICE is about all a doctor would tell you to do, so save your co-pay--unless you are sure the bones' broken ends are not even close to lining up.

Rest
Ice
Compression or holding it still (tape to neighbor toe)
Elevation

Hurts like a sumbitch, don't it?

Maryn, who's broken hers, too

Shakesbear
08-01-2011, 11:39 PM
OUCH! Been there and boy does it hurt. Lots of healing vibes. I do the same thing - not turning the light on - and trip up over the teddy bear when I go back to bed.

kayleamay
08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Well, that's what happens when you walk around with your cape over your head.

;)

Blurve and hugs and a pile of Motrin.

L.J.
08-02-2011, 12:47 AM
...again!

Got up in the middle of the night to go tinkle.

Didn't want to turn the light on, because then I'd wake completely up and prolly wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

DANG! Talk about excruciating pain. :cry:

Foot swollen - pinky toe dangling and throbbing now.

Nothing hurts worse than that.

J.W.
08-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Pouring alcohol in your mouth might help relieve the pain in your toe, believe it or not. Mind and body, mouth and toe, they are all connected.

Susie
08-02-2011, 12:59 AM
gee, verny so wish you didn't have that. It makes meh sad when my friends hurt. You take care 'n like I said, put ice on it, k. :Hug2:s

Jersey Chick
08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Been there. Done that. Have the tee-shirt. :D

Sharing healing vibes and cyber-boozahol for a speedy bones-a-knittin'.

Stlight
08-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Ouch, been there one too many times. Save your toes. Get rid of the bed frame, springs and mattresses on the floor.

You'll have to be careful of it for a year. It should heal in a few weeks, but it'll try to grab another bed frame every time it can for about a year. toes are adventurous little devils.

And OUCH again. good vibes your way.

Silver King
08-02-2011, 03:59 AM
...Didn't want to turn the light on, because then I'd wake completely up and prolly wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

Hopefully you were able to go right back to sleep after the mishap, seeing as the room was still dark and all. :D

Cranky
08-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Ouch! I'm sorry...seems like you've gotten great advice, so I'll just give ya a :Hug2: and hope it gets better, quickly.

flea23
08-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Sorry Laverne. happens to me every time. every time I do it. Hurt? it's like someone took my head off with my mouth still screwed on. it's hard to say OUCH! the way I'm supposed to.

Wait. wonder women ain't sapposed to git hurt.

Button
08-02-2011, 05:56 AM
If it still hurts, we can cut it off. It won't give you any more problems then. :D

backslashbaby
08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Owwww! I hope it feels a lot better now. It hurts thinking about it!