Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Sigh. I really thought I had an agent I would work well with. I thought we'd be a good fit. She asked for three chapters.

Nope. Form letter land for me. I really have high hopes for this manuscript, I know it's good. I know the series I wrote it for could be great. I want to move to a bigger publisher. Not that I need to, really, my publisher is great, but I want, well, more. Bigger advance, etc...

Sigh again. I have another partial out with another agent, and being the good little writer, I queried another agency today. My publisher still has the manuscript, no word from them yet either.

I'm in writer limbo. Sigh trice.

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
I'll sigh with you, but you already have an agent. I'm still looking for my first one. 17 rejections and counting. Like you i knoe this MS is good, If omly you could tie them down and make them read it!! Hmmm, No, no, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, but still, the thought is intriging. Maybe I'll see if I have any sturdy rope lying about.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Oh, Christine, if it's who I think it's from, then while I truly sympathize, try to console yourself with this: it looks like she's really concentrating on YA. Was your MS a YA story?

Huge hugs to you. Agent rejections stink. I'm passing you a huge box of virtual chocolate.

:Cake:

Well, cake.

:Hug2:

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
ANNIE said:
If omly you could tie them down and make them read it!! Hmmm, No, no, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal, but still, the thought is intriging. Maybe I'll see if I have any sturdy rope lying about.
Well, you could tie them down and make them read it. Then, when you're arrested and imprisoned, you could write a book about it and sell it instead. I'm sure a lot of disillusioned writers would buy it, and what agent would have the nerve to reject it?!

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Christine N. said:
I want to move to a bigger publisher. Not that I need to, really, my publisher is great, but I want, well, more. Bigger advance, etc...
I know it's small comfort, but you're ahead of a lot of us. At least you've sold a manuscript. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.