Grandparents

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampleso

Help, I am trying to finish an article out about grandparents that raise their grandkids and am seeking information on the various reasons that grandparents end up with grandkids. I already am aware of such common reasons as: death of parents, divorce, drug usage, courts awarding kids to grandparents. Can anyone give me some feedback about this subject that is fresh.

Thanks, Oreta

ideagirl

Registered
Reaction score
"Courts awarding kids to grandparents" is a vast topic. If you explored the myriad reasons courts have awarded custody of kids to their grandparents, you'd uncover a mine of information.

Munchkin

Registered
Reaction score
I know of a few cases in which the parents were not ready to be parents, and left the children with the children's grandparents, with the intent to go back when they are ready to be parents. The grandparents then wind up raising the children to adulthood.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
My mother was 16 when she had my oldest sister. My dad's mom was divorced and lived with them so she babysat while my mom and dad worked. When my grandmother moved into her own home, my sister went with my her. When my parents divorced, me and the middle sister stayed with my mom and visited my other sister and Grandmother, and father on weekends. When I was 12, I had a really hard time leaving Gram so I started staying an extra night and then another until I finally just started living with my grandmother and oldest sister. My mom moved out of town with her boyfriend when we were all in our teens so the middle sister moved in with my grandmother, too.

I've only touched briefly on my soap opera life. If I can be of any further help, PM me.

kim

Status
Not open for further replies.