Where do I find a good cover designer?

Doc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a abook published on Kindle. It needs an appealing cover. Can anyone recommend a cover maker who can also send the cover to Amazon to appear on Kindle? I don't have a lot of money to spend (who does?) 250 would be my limit. I'd appreciate any help/information anyone with experience could offer. Thanks Doc

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Last edited:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
http://fantasiafrogdesigns.wordpress.com/ is who I used for my self pubbed novel (A Grim Pact). She charges $50 I think, and is speedy as heck. :)

I'm a little confused about the "who can also send the cover to Amazon" part, though. If you've already pubbed the title, you can do this yourself. :)

Aylaa

Uncharacteristic is my character
Registered
Reaction score
for 250 you're not going to get any original content unless you supply your own photos.

For that amount you'll just need someone who can manipulate pixels in photoshop. I did my own covers.

elae

time to draw
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.niki-smith.com
Thanks for the mention, azbikergirl! That's a good list to keep.
OP, you can see a few covers I've done on http://niki-smith.com/about/gallery/ - I'm happy to link to more.

A cover I designed was on Lambda Literary's 2010 in Review: Best Book Covers list.

I'm happy to design front covers for $250. You can get in touch with me by sending a PM or emailing me at nikiATniki-smith.com

Doc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all who responded to my request for cover artist information. I have a wealth of recommendations now and will soon be at work. Kindle is amazing. Due to recent surgery I haven't been able to put any effort into publicizing my coverless Kindle book but, in spite of that, 25 copies have been sold. Not exactly ready for a best seller list, but without any publicity? Amazing. Doc

Mark G

Author of Reborn to Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markgronwald.com
I designed my own cover for my first book by doing some creative photoshop work, but I was curious about this same thing... so I'll make sure to keep the links in this thread handy. Thanks all for posting, and thanks Doc for asking!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Moving this to our "covers" section. Thanks for all the helpful links, everyone.

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
I have a abook published on Kindle. It needs an appealing cover. Can anyone recommend a cover maker who can also send the cover to Amazon to appear on Kindle? I don't have a lot of money to spend (who does?) 250 would be my limit. I'd appreciate any help/information anyone with experience could offer. Thanks Doc

I've PMed you

EnitaMeadows

Registered
Reaction score
If you're still looking, I'm currently designing covers for only $35. You can see samples and available covers in the url below, and I'm also open to commissions.
-Enita