PDA

View Full Version : Can I get my book published from another country?

Bleeding Angel
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I live in Italy but I'm an american and I write in English. I was wondering if I could submit my book to agents and publishers from England and America instead of Italy because italian agents don't accept books in other languages.

Adam
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Sure you can. Just email the query to US agents. It's what I'm doing (in Canada, and before that the UK). :)

seun
07-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm English and querying publishers in the States. No great success yet, but I've definitely had more interest from the US than I have in the UK.

Bleeding Angel
07-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks a lot!!!! :)

Theo81
07-30-2011, 06:02 PM
There is an AW member (whose name I have forgotten, apologies if it's you) who is Canadian, repped by a British agent, but whose book (the last I heard) had been bought by a German publisher. Sub to the market you feel is best for your book.

Kathleen42
07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Yes. There may be additional paperwork if your book sells (for instance you may need an ITIN number from the IRS if it sold to a US publisher) but you should be able to query American agents. I'm Canadian and my agent is in New York. Likewise, I know other Canadian writers with US agents and/or publishers.

DeadlyAccurate
08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Gary Corby is an Australian writer repped by a US agent. I'm sure there are many, many more; he's just the only one I know off the top of my head.