Can I get my book published from another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleeding Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Italy but I'm an american and I write in English. I was wondering if I could submit my book to agents and publishers from England and America instead of Italy because italian agents don't accept books in other languages.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Sure you can. Just email the query to US agents. It's what I'm doing (in Canada, and before that the UK). :)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm English and querying publishers in the States. No great success yet, but I've definitely had more interest from the US than I have in the UK.

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
There is an AW member (whose name I have forgotten, apologies if it's you) who is Canadian, repped by a British agent, but whose book (the last I heard) had been bought by a German publisher. Sub to the market you feel is best for your book.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. There may be additional paperwork if your book sells (for instance you may need an ITIN number from the IRS if it sold to a US publisher) but you should be able to query American agents. I'm Canadian and my agent is in New York. Likewise, I know other Canadian writers with US agents and/or publishers.

Status
Not open for further replies.