NFL

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Any interest in (American) Football around here? Any preseason predictions for the NFL season? As a Patriots fan, I have to say I'm pretty excited.

BrassStotch

Registered
Reaction score
Any interest in (American) Football around here? Any preseason predictions for the NFL season? As a Patriots fan, I have to say I'm pretty excited.

Yeah, you have a reason to be excited - getting Haynesworth and Ochocinco for next to nothing!

I'm a Broncos fan so I'm excited to see what John Fox (and Tim Tebow) can do

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Detroit Lions country. Therefore, I have no interest in professional football.

eta: Go Blue!

GLOOMCOOKIE

The Muffin Man
Registered
Reaction score
Watch out for the KC Chiefs this year. They improved massively last season over previous ones, and I expect them to do Even better this season. They were first in their devision and ended the season 10-6... not bad, I say. I hope KC can go all the way this season, but they'll probably lose in the first round of the playoffs like they always do.

GO CHIEFS!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans will have a new coach and a new starting quarterback.

It's going to be what coaches like to call "a rebuilding year." I suspect most people here will be happy if they win half their games. At worst, it could be very ugly.

The good news: we no longer have to hear about Pacman Jones being arrested every week. Or, at least, not arrested here.

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Detroit Lions country. Therefore, I have no interest in professional football.

The Lions are on the way up. They lost a lot of really good, close games last season. If Stafford can stay healthy they might stand a chance. Could use a little more in the rushing game, though.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I am boycotting the NFL this year. And the NBA. Was considering a boycott of college football, but my sports nut genes won't let me do it.

So, as we are less than a month away from college football, I confess to a small feeling of excitement but mostly just a general disgust with the NCAA.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
The Lions are on the way up. They lost a lot of really good, close games last season. If Stafford can stay healthy they might stand a chance. Could use a little more in the rushing game, though.
*sigh*

Okay. I admit to having a passing interest in them, but in no way do I believe they are going to be any better than 50/50.

They do have a very good defensive line and they've improved their linebacking somewhat. The secondary is still suspect. Stafford has to prove he can stay healthy, but that's hard to do with such a porous offensive line.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I'm more of a fan of CFL. The Eskimos are on a tear! Where were they in the last several years? Oh right, Maccocia.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go Skins... :)

redskins.gif

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm more of a fan of CFL. The Eskimos are on a tear! Where were they in the last several years? Oh right, Maccocia.
Hey, I love me some Canadian football, but sometimes I think you guys should trade your extra large fields for another down.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Managed to see last Sunday's game this afternoon. Jets v Cowboys. Man, it was dull until the last quarter. Then it turned into a farce!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
KC Chiefs are my sentimental fave, but .... *sigh*

In 2012, the Super Bowl Champs will be THE PACK. You heard it here.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'll just chip in with my yearly Go Browns! before the despondency kicks in.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
That Eagles v Falcons game was amazing last night.

Wondering how much the fine will be for Falcon's #23?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Spoilers please!

I know it's a pain but I won't get to see the game for a few days yet......

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry for killing the thread everyone! I've decided to avoid it from now on until I've seen the game.

Carry on!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
That had to be one of the weirdest 3rd quarters I've ever seen! Picks, touchdowns, a fight and some of the strangest plays ever. The amount of times I was shouting 'why did you do that? Idiots!'

LOL!

And I'm off work on Monday so I can watch the game a lot sooner!

BryanTann

BA Barracus Jr.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryantann.blogspot.com
Glad my Steelers could get the win. Its a bit annoying that they could only manage a 3 point win against the Colts though. Then again, Kerry Collins could be jelling into the Colts system and he isn't a terrible QB. He's just not Peyton.

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Me too, Bryan. Had no idea the Colts D was so tight.
I wanna know what the count is for how many players Polamalu has jumped, vaulted and launched his body over to make a play.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I want to know what on earth has happened to the Steelers running game. That was dreadful. Mendenhall with an average of 2 yards a play? Pffttt..... can he not see out of his left eye? The amount of gaps he missed was ridiculous.