How to Be a Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Lately my threads are getting moved, removed or locked up. So what's the pro way to go, read more, stop posting so much and asking so many questions? Don't get involved in anyone's discussions?

Or is this plain out user error?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Well, I'm only seeing one recent threadlock. And that's in a thread where the discussion about reviews, reviewers, and how much control any author actually has, was going in strange and recursive circles -- and stuff that's been discussed time and time again.

As to having threads moved, I recommend spending a little extra time looking for already-existing similar threads or discussions, and thoroughly familiarizing yourself with the general culture of individual rooms.

Mostly, though, it's not really a very big deal. <shrug> Thread moves and even locks are hardly uncommon.

As a general rule of thumb, "read more, consider carefully what you've read" is always a good approach.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
That was also a thread OP seemed to request be closed?
As mentioned above, interacting with any community is a learn-as-you endeavor. Not to worry.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
You're not spammy, LMC. Relax and trust yourself a bit.

Reaction score
Read a lot (books and AW), hang out here, join in other people's discussions, ask questions...

Probably the best piece of advice I can give is try to separate criticism of your books from criticism of you as a person. Whatever kind of critique you receive, use it to become a better writer, instead of asking to have threads locked or vowing to give up writing.

Any comments you receive here are nothing - nothing - compared to what you'll receive in the big, wide world of book reviews. And if book reviews hurt, you'll either have to grow a thick skin, or just never publish another book.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
funny thing, my skin is growing whether I want it to or not, hehe. Ain't giving that up. Thanks again for all the support.

SP...you are so on the mark, it ain't funny. cheers. and so much thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.