RESEARCH HELP NEEDED: DRINKING GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey Sweeney

Registered
Reaction score
I need some help with part of my story. My characters play drinking games in several different scenes and I can't remember (from the good 'old days of drinking every night) any actual drinking games. I need info about regular games, where the point is to get drunk as quickly as possible, and also info about sexual drinking games, where the point is to do things that you wouldn't sober. I must have been really bad at these games back when I drank, because it's only been about 6 years, and I can't remember any of them. In fact, most of those nights are a blur in my memory.

Anyhow, if you know anything about drinking games, or know anyone who does, can you please let me know. I want these scenes to sound as real as possible.

Thanks,
Stacey

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
During the presidential debates, every time anyone said "my plan" we drank. Those were great debates!

Star Trek, TNG, we used to play that every time they tugged on their little jackets we drank.

Sorry, those are both TV-related.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I think that if you can't remember the drinking games you played six years ago, then you were actually pretty good at them. :)

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
I think that if you can't remember the drinking games you played six years ago, then you were actually pretty good at them. :)

Or, depending on the game, pretty bad at them...

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Uh.. Nobody said beer pong? You arrange cups at each end of a ping pong table, like this. Then your teams stand at either end and try to get a ping pong ball in the cups. If you get it in, the opposing team has to drink what's in the cup. (You can fill the cups to 1/2 or 1/4, but 1/4 works best for the balls to land in.) Who ever cleans the other side of the table first wins.

Last edited:

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps this should be in the Story Research forum.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Coed Keg Softball. Keg on first and third bases. Hitter can't go beyond base until he/she guzzles a half-tumbler (about six ounces) of beer. Also, if a team scores one or more runs in an inning, all members of the other team have to guzzle a half-tumbler each before anyone can bat in the next half-inning. The game degenerates quickly.

Guzzle-strip poker. Same as strip, but losers have the option of guzzling a beer or taking off an article of clothing. No one is obligated to show anything they don't want to show, but they have to strip until there is only one article of clothing over the part they want to keep covered (bra and panties for girls, underdrawers for guys). Oh yeah, there is a monetary buy-in at the beginning to play. We used $5 per person, so there was a significant financial incentive to take off more than a player planned (decision aided by the alcohol). Passing out or puking was automatic disqualification.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
A--hole and I Never are good ones, too. A--hole is a little complicated, so I'll just link to the rules: A--hole Rules.

I Never is real easy. Someone says something they've never done and anyone who's done it has to drink.

This one is lesser known and really stupid, so I'm not sure I even should share. It's called Drag Races. You fill two shot glasses with 151 or equally flammable liquor, and drizzle a trail down the length of the bar. The contestants stand in front of the glasses and someone lights the booze trail on fire at the opposite end. The person who waits the longest to grab their glass and drink wins. And if it catches on fire, you have to drink it hot.

Yup - really dumb.

Last edited:

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
The classics (at least when I was in college) were quarters and "I never".

A couple of others that haven't been mentioned yet.

Mexicans: a player rolls two dice under a cup. The player can either lie or tell the truth as to the numbers on the dice (it has to be a higher number than the previous player). The next player can either accept the roll, unseen, or can challenge. If the challenger is correct, the player must drink, but if the challenger is wrong, the challenger drinks.

Here is a more detailed version of the rules: http://www.thevirtualbar.com/DrinkingGames/DiceGames/Mexico.html

Zoom Schwarz Profigliano: the basic rules are here:
http://www.thevirtualbar.com/DrinkingGames/VocalGames/ZoomSchwartzProfigliano.html

Pretty much any card, dice or board game can be made into a drinking game without too much difficulty, as long as there is enough beer to go around.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I always liked "I never", but I remember doing the Scooby Doo game a lot too, because it was always on somewhere, 24/7.

Take One Drink:

If Scooby & Shaggy get separated from the rest of the gang.
If Shags says, "Zoinks!"
If the Mystery Machine is shown.
When the monster/ghost is shown.
When someone says "This is a clue" or "could be a clue!", etc.
If there's a chase seen.
Every time Fred says "Good Work Gang!"
Daphne puts her hands on her hips.

Take Two Drinks

Each time Daphne and Fred go off alone.
If Scooby Snacks are eaten.
If Velma loses her glasses.
Each time you see a celebrity guest like the Addams Family or Batman.

Take Three Drinks

If Scooby and Shaggy stop investigating to eat something.
Whenever Velma says "Jinkies!"
If the villian says any variation on "I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

spike

Mostly Ignored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
oddgoose.blogspot.com
My days of drinking games are over 20 years ago, but here goes:

Zing-loid-it's a dice game, everyone rolls in turn, person with lowest number drinks, person with highest number makes a new rule. The rules were the best part, but watch when you play with english majors, you get rules like, "No pronouns".

Spoons--played with cards and spoons. 1 less spoon on table than people playing. Everyone gets 4 cards, and you want 4 of a kind. First person picks a card and discards one to the next person, who does the same. First person who gets 4 of a kind grabs a spoon, then everyone else does. Person with a spoon drinks.

Butt Darts--Play this fully clothed. Put a quarter between your butt cheeks (hard with jeans on) and hop or jump or whatever to the other side of the room, when you want to release the quarter into a cup on the floor.

Biz-Counting game. First person starts with 1, next person 2, but you can't say 7, a multiple of 7, a double number or a number with a 7 in it. You must say biz, and the direction of the game changes.

Biz-Buz like above, except numbers with 3, multiples of 3, you say buz. Double numbers or numbers that meet more than one category get biz-buz

That's all I can remember

reni

Work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Tippy Cup.

F*ck the Dealer.

Presidents & A**holes.

Rainbow/Higher-Lower.

Pyramid.

The list goes on and on.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
My favorite drinking game:

1) I take a drink.

2) I take a drink.

3) I finish my drink.

4) I pour myself another drink.

5) I take a drink.

Et Cetara. Until one of the drinkers passes out.

lucky strike

Reni posted all of the games I would have mentioned.

It's been my experience that in a co-ed drinking game, especially when the players are drinking cans of beer, the guys WILL cheat. The object was never to see which guy could drink everyone under the table (we had determined that at a much earlier time in our friendships).

We were playing these games to get the girls as drunk as humanly possible. Our motivation wasn't as sinister as you may think.

Imagine Girls Gone Wild without the video cameras and the free tee-shirts.
Manipulative and irresponsible? Yes.
Understandable considering we were teenagers? Probably.

hollywood

Circle of Death

I remember the name of the game but unfortunately I do not remember how to play it. I know it involved a deck of cards. You would make a big circle with the cards. There would be one card in the middle and we would make several larger circles around one card until the cards were all used. I know we all got stinking drunk playing that game. We would drink to the point of somebody hurling.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Probably won't help but. . .

I made this one up myself and posted it on a Jack Benny forum. (For those who don't know, the Jack Benny Show was a radio show that ran from the '30s to the '50s).

Rules are simple. Take a swig of your beverage of choice any time:

Jack calls for Rochester.
Rochester either plays craps or mentions it.
Jack gets angry at anyone.
Two swigs for Jack getting angry at Kenny Baker or Dennis.
Mary insults Jack.
Phil calls Jack "Jackson."
Rochester calls the show via telephone.
Someone knocks on the studio door.
Don's weight is the butt of a joke.
Don mentions the sponsor.
Frank Nelson says "Yeeeessss?"
Frank Nelson insults Jack.
Jack hears Gladys Zybisco (or at least her shrill voice) singing on the radio.
Jack's toupee is mentioned.
Jack plays violin.
Any current movie star is mentioned.
A special guest pops in on the show.

After a typical show, you'll be drunk in fifteen minutes, guaranteed.

allen

Status
Not open for further replies.