• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

If you don't have a life.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
I have posted on here before and met some great people who have given me wonderful advice and crit. Just one problem....they all have lives. Go figure. :tongue I understand that and am appreciative of the time they have taken to help me out. But.....

I really need to get the ball rolling on the writing, and I am best when I have someone to discuss things with as I go along. I have changed my WIP so many times, but I really, REALLY, have to stick with the current version. It is in my head 24/7 and I NEED to get it written, or go crazy.

So, here I am again, looking for a specific kind of writing buddy. I need someone who is available from around 8 AM to 1 PM-central time, Monday through Friday, to be my muse. I work nights and am home around 11 each night and will be working on my WIP then too. So if you are a night owl, that will work for me, too. Weekends are hubby time, but if I am on a streak I might want some feedback then.

My WIP? Well it is hard to describe and therein lies the problem, but it is mostly fantasy with SF and other elements thrown in.It is about a woman who is recruited to go to another planet to help colonize it. That is a very ,very simple way of explaining it. Some of you may have read other synopsis' I have posted, but everything has changed since I posted them.

I need some one who can chat during the day, and let me talk my way through plot point problems. Someone who has plenty of time and patience. Someone to read what I have written, rough draft, and offer opinions and ideas. Communication can be through email or IM, either is fine with me, but I need immediate feedback when I am in the creative zone. My work schedule is slightly erractic, so we will just have to take things on a day to day basis. Real life doesn't care about the creative process and I know things will pop up that will derail us, but I am looking for a long time writing relationship.

I am more than willing to help you out as well, however you need, whether it be crit or just listen to YOU talk your way through your WIP. Any genre but YA, I am just no good at that and would not want to waste your time if you want or need my help. Everything else is a go, even western, but I haven't read that genre in awhile. I realize most people on AW are writing also,and it sounds like I am asking too much, but I hope there is someone out there who will like my idea and be able to help me out.

Someone else posted earlier for something similiar, but she writes YA. I don't do YA in any fashion, and I would be no help to her at all, and doubt she could help me, as my stuff is very adult. It will include sex, violence, and rock n' roll, cursing and the kitchen sink.:evil

If this sounds interesting to you, or you want more details, comment or pm me. I am currently at work,(I said my schedule was erractic, I am usually at home at this time) but I can answer up til 5.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just a suggestion, in addition to the replies you'll get to your post: you're very welcome to come into the AW chat room and talk about your story in there. It isn't a busy room, and there are a few of us regulars who are in there most of the day. As well as the main room, there is the password-protected critique circle room, where the chat is restricted to our stories, and where we do things like word wars. We might not be able to fully focus on you all the time, but we'd be able to give you some real-time feedback more often than not. :)

The instructions for getting into the chat rooms are here.

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Sophia. The one time I tried the chat room, no one was there, lol. But that has been a while bck, so I will give it another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.