• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Short Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwilson

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently looking for Beta readers for the short story I'm considering for the Seán Ó Faoláin Short Story Competition.

Oddly enough, my greatest love is science-fiction, however this story is more literary fiction. It's called Thank You for Calling, and How may I Help You?

The premise is about two toy telesalesman (a.k.a. telemarketers) who are desperate to win an office contest for the highest holiday sales. They come up with a scheme whereby instead of selling toys, they're selling children.

I realize the phrase "selling children" sounds off all sorts of "mayday" alarms, but I assure you it is mostly a satirical yet light-hearted tale about how people treat children like toys.

Feel free to PM me or post in this topic.

And of course, I am more than willing to beta a short story in-kind.

Thank you for your consideration.

gayle12

Write. Edit. Publish. Repeat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gaylefmoffet.com
I would love to read this!

In trade, I have a literary fiction piece about a woman planning to burn down her house. She is absolutely sane and doing everything to keep her neighbors safe.

Fair warning: At this moment, I don't have an ending, but by the time I hear from you, I might. Feel free to respond here or PM me.

Gayle

geagar

W/O Adult Supervision
Registered
Reaction score
Website
granteagar.blogspot.com
I would be willing to Beta read your short story, I have a short story blog so you may want to read it to see where I am at. In return you could Beta read one of the stories on my blog.

I just finished by first Beta read last night and I am a little new about all this. I am not much of an editor so I will just be able to look at flow.

edwilson

Registered
Reaction score
Great! I have three interesting short stories to read and provide feedback. This is going to be fun!

Thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.